Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrading the garage

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 08:06 PM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upgrading the garage

I am in the process of upgrading my garage, windows,new service for electrical, heat, more shelving, carted away a bunch of junk, all because I've been spending more time in the man cave working on the bike,small fridge for beer, one neighbor wanted to know if I was planning on living in the garage,(detached 30x30 on the alley) another wanted to know how many more bikes I would be adding to the stable. I've had lot's of bikes, and as long as the roof didn't leak, I never really cared. Now all of a sudden, I want the garage to be a second home for the Harley and me. Anyone else have this compunction?

Old 03-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in my garage. I just installed rubber flooring for the bikes stall. Got my HD cable out here, internet and Sat radio. My wife loves it cause I'm out of her hair. I plan on building a much larger detached garage when the kids move out, but that's a few years down the road.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Hx3
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I spend a LOT of time in my garage. Working on cars, bikes, etc. It's only a four car garage, would be nice to have something bigger. I've got my iPod player and a beer fridge, the only real essentials other than tools. It's great having a nice place to work.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:54 PM
AAA88
Advanced

that garage is f@&*ing insane. i'm working in a non-heated, drafty, dirty, mouse infested , detached, (barely) 1 bay garage. great job Ultraandroadking

Old 03-01-2009, 11:27 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I was out cleaning mine today. We moved in here in May and there is still a lot of crap to go through. The builder plumbed cable in there and phone. The nice thing about the cable is I have Dish network and my receiver pushes the signal back out through the cable to other TVs. That gives me satelite radio. I need to get some cabinets, heat and finish my stereo installation then I'll be good to go.

Last edited by ackman1968; 03-01-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Wasn't finished
Old 03-01-2009, 11:50 PM
madden23
Road Master

My garage is my castle, and it's lacking, not for long. Peace.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:57 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

ha ha ha ha you have no idea... mine is a full shop... got everything i need, air tools, heat, hell it is even carpeted, full spray booth... table, lifts.... internet with flat screen monitors... XM radio a MUST
my brothers garage however.. INSANE... there is no garage better

Old 03-02-2009, 01:12 AM
mebe007
Cruiser

im waiting for my day to come. college has to be good for something; maybe then i can afford that dream garage. perhaps i wont get a house, ill just build one gigantic garage. all good in thought but im sure any interested woman would say goodbye real quick. until then im working out of a neighbors barn and a cold drafty dry storage marina i work at part time. nice thing is i have air tools and a nice compressor at each.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:04 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am envious of you guys. I built a shed in my backyard in hopes of having a Harley in it one day. Now there are two in it. The wife's bike often gets kicked out to give me a little room to work on mine.

We still have one child at home. When she finally finishes college (probably be 28 years the rate she is going), we will be doing a home with a garage. By then, the stimulus should have fixed everything ( ) and the real estate market vibrant again.

For now, here is a pic of the dog claiming part ownership to my modest man-cave.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:27 AM
formike56
Club Member

Originally Posted by jmpancoast
I am envious of you guys. I built a shed in my backyard in hopes of having a Harley in it one day. Now there are two in it. The wife's bike often gets kicked out to give me a little room to work on mine.

We still have one child at home. When she finally finishes college (probably be 28 years the rate she is going), we will be doing a home with a garage. By then, the stimulus should have fixed everything ( ) and the real estate market vibrant again.

For now, here is a pic of the dog claiming part ownership to my modest man-cave.

By the looks of it your DOg needs more fiber......

Quick Reply: Upgrading the garage