Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

next performance upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 09:02 PM
BIGDADI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question next performance upgrade

What should my next performance upgrade be? I did the stage one, pipes-a/c-fuel pak now what. I checked into cams cant afford that right now, was thinking something to do with spark? Coil,plug wires,something like that i dunno is there something else I should do first that I am not thinking of?

Old 03-19-2009, 09:05 PM
rambobob
Tourer

Stop thinking small and stimulate the economy.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:07 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Cams are a cheap upgrade if you stay with the chain drive and can do the work yourself. I didn't spend more than $350 to put in my Andrews 26H.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:12 PM
last saint
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cams are the next logical step. Along with a thundermax, SERT or Power commander. The items you noted above aren't going to get you any noticable gains. Just make sure you get cams that are going to suit your needs. And if you're going to do anymore engine mods in the future such as big bore, head work etc., you'll want to get components that compliment each other. There's nothing worse than spending big bucks on mismatched parts and ending up with a poor performing build.
There are actually several people on here that can give you much better engine mod advice than I can...Mudpuddle is a good source, he can point you in a direction on who to talk with. Unfortunately, if engine performance is your thing, be prepared to drop some coin from this point on.....but if done right, you'll be thankful for every dollar spent!

Old 03-19-2009, 09:19 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGDADI
What should my next performance upgrade be? I did the stage one, pipes-a/c-fuel pak now what. I checked into cams cant afford that right now, was thinking something to do with spark? Coil,plug wires,something like that i dunno is there something else I should do first that I am not thinking of?
Could consider the rest of the motorcycle - shocks, fork springs, fork cartridges, brakes, or stabalizer.

Also hear that the ***** G skull collection is worth a tenth of a second in the 1/4 mile.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:29 PM
BIGDADI
Tourer

Getting 12" Black progressive 412's in one month, what about the rev limit how can that be adjusted, should I have the stage one download done and run my fuel pak would that make a performance increase?

Old 03-19-2009, 09:45 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did the Stage I a little while after I got the motorcycle. The only thing left is the air cleaner. To do over I would have skipped it. If you think the Stage I is as far as you want to go then its worth it. If you have higher performance mods in mind later on with a SERT or other fuel management then its wasted money.

Here's a couple good links on the EFI.
http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/m...i_upgrades.htm
http://www.harley-davidson-forum.net...ead.php?t=7227

Old 03-19-2009, 09:46 PM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wouldn't even worry about changin the rev limit...will only do more harm than good on your stock motor, really no need to rev that high unless ya have a high rpm power band!

Old 03-19-2009, 10:01 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd probably hold off on anything until I could afford cams...seems like the next logical step to me, you and I are basically in the same place as far as the performance mods we've each had done.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:39 AM
BIGDADI
Tourer

yep, sounds like its time to start saving pennies for cams and some head work. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: next performance upgrade