Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Track Test Ride Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 01:33 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Adrian, what made you sell the product if it does make a noticeable difference?

[edit] I missed the response by adrian the first time through the thread.

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 04-02-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:36 PM
coppertop666
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flynavy
Hope this doesn't anger anyone, it is after all, my own opinion which is what we are all supposed to use this site for.

Speedjunkie, how can you legitimately judge the performance of any ONE performance part, when you wholesale changed out tires at the same time as the TT was installed?

I would be willing to bet my next paycheck 90% of the improved or enhanced performance was due to the Metzelers. I replaced my stocks at the end of last season and installed 880's. It was like riding a different bike. Amazing performance enhancement.

For any other DynaRiders out there consodering a TT, or tires, or shocks, think about what you want to enhance first, then do one at a time until you get what you want. It will save you time, work, and $$ in the long run.

Just my 2 c's
I agree as well BUT reading all the other threads on this product, it just sounds like a good product

Old 04-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree it's really hard to evaluate how one product makes an impact if you have made several changes at once.

However, I had the True-Track installed, and only that installation, no changes at the same time or since. . . . And my observations pretty much match MZ's. I don't doubt the new tires were really improving things. I think that the True-Track made very similar improvements as well. I was really reluctant to spend the money on that product, but ultimately I'm so impressed with the results I'm glad I did. I just don't worry about the handling now. . . it feels stable and controlled. That's worth quite a bit to me.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:15 PM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Speedjunkie, how can you legitimately judge the performance of any ONE performance part, when you wholesale changed out tires at the same time as the TT was installed?

I would be willing to bet my next paycheck 90% of the improved or enhanced performance was due to the Metzelers.

Just my 2 c's
My thoughts exactly...especially if he replaced Dunlops with the Metzs....made my bike ride like a completely different machine...having Avons installed today...hope they handle as good and wear a little better...the Metzs (rear) was slick at about 8-8.5k miles...

Old 04-02-2009, 02:56 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope this doesn't anger anyone, it is after all, my own opinion which is what we are all supposed to use this site for.

I would be willing to bet my next paycheck 90% of the improved or enhanced performance was due to the Metzelers. I replaced my stocks at the end of last season and installed 880's. It was like riding a different bike. Amazing performance enhancement.

For any other DynaRiders out there consodering a TT, or tires, or shocks, think about what you want to enhance first, then do one at a time until you get what you want. It will save you time, work, and $$ in the long run.

Just my 2 c's

First of all, don't worry about offending me, not an issue.

This statement is accurate, except for in regards to shocks. IMO you could bolt on any performance part there is, change your shocks, and you'd know it. Shocks change the bike like nothing else. Purely my 2c.

I actually completely agree with you, and if you read the last paragraph of my review, I think I addressed that. That's actually why I made sure to include the fact that I did change tires in the review. I know that it's hard to determine, but in this case, having the wheels off makes the rear install much easier so it only made sense to do both together. If the install wasn't such a bitch, I'd gladly remove it and see how it feels. I've been riding bikes long enough to know how much of a difference it makes to have new, good tires on, and yeah, these ME880's are really superb tires, but in this case, there's more to it. Stake your paycheck on it if you want, but it sounds to me that you haven't tried the TT yet, is that true? If you haven't, it's hard to make that claim, no?

This TT popped up used, and since I'm determined to make my Dyna handle as sharp as possible, it only made sense to pick it up.

Combine my review with every single other one on here and decide for yourself. For me, the money wasn't going to break me either way, and now the bike behaves the way I want it to.

Plus, you can always sell it to another forum member if you don't like it. I've yet to see one single person use it and not like it. The only two I've seen pop up for sale were sold for reasons other than that.

Last edited by MZBuckeye; 04-02-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:13 PM
speedjunkie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I've posted this before, but I'll do it again.

I installed the TT with the stock tires, no other mods. It flat out does what it says! The bike is MUCH more stable in turns, especially on the crappy roads we have around here. The decreased vibes at idle and the increased smoothness on the open highway were unexpected, but appreciated all the same!

I just didn't like the way the bike wallowed around in the turns. And it really didn't matter how hard you pushed, it wallowed. Now, it's firm and planted. You pick a line, it maintains that line, with very little if any additional inputs. And this was on a day when the wind was blowing so hard, the birds stayed on the ground! It's just plain better in all aspects on the turn! I guess a good word would be tighter!

I too was VERY leary about dropping that kind of coin and this product, but was willing to take a chance based on the many great reviews. I'm glad I did! Money well spent IMO!!

To each thier own tho!

Mike

Old 04-02-2009, 04:15 PM
speedjunkie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tnbrit
Hi,Do you mean Hagon Shocks(made in England)if so i've just bought the 2810 series 340mm length.They have 10 position adjust on damp & rebound.I don't get to fit them 'till the first week in May,i'll post about them then.
Cheers,Graham.

Graham,

Yes, that's them. Sorry, I didn't think I screwed up the spelling that badly! I'll be looking forward to pics and your review on them, thanks!

Mike

Old 04-02-2009, 04:21 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I upgraded the suspension/handling in increments since the bike was new. It's an '06 so that has been a very slow process. I still run stock shocks on the rear and won't have the capitol to upgrade those until next winter.

My first upgrade was the superbrace: big disappointment, virtually no improvement whatsoever.
Next was the cartridge emulators from Race-Tech: Huge improvement in ride quality and handling.
Along the way I've replaced tires three times: new tires don't slip in the corners.
Most recently I installed the True-Track, about the same time Adrian did his: If anyone has noticed, I haven't been on the board since. The true-track is without question the single greatest improvement in ride quality and stability. I've logged over a thousand miles with the true-track system and have yet to find fault. Corners, long sweepers, I used to take @70mph with "rear-steer" and front end wobble are now 90mph sweepers with the pegs, primary and pipes all taking a beating. The bike goes thru these corners like it's on rails.
I'm sure any of the systems that lock the driveline into the frame will result in the same solid feel as the true-track provides but the fact of the matter is nothing, not tires, front end components, or shocks can address the real problem with the Dyna platform other than a heim joint front and rear.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:08 PM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

...For any other DynaRiders out there consodering a TT, or tires, or shocks, think about what you want to enhance first, then do one at a time until you get what you want. It will save you time, work, and $$ in the long run...
If you mean that it'll save you money in the long run because you may end up never buying one of the three, then you're spot on. Otherwise, it'll save you $$ to get all three at once as the shocks and TT will make you're new tires last longer.

Wish I could afford some new shock and a new front end to go with my TT I'll be puttin' on this weekend (I hope).

Yea!!! Summer's a cummin!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 06:17 PM
X90
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Does the true trak in effect negate the rubber mounts? Is it like making the motor solid with the frame or do you still get the benefits of the rubber mount with better handling?

Quick Reply: True Track Test Ride Review