Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most comfortable handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 03:01 AM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mechano
No, wind is not a problem for me. I had naked sport bikes before and I grown strong neck muscles...

I think it's a blood issue, with ape the hands are few inches over hearth level and after long time riding they become tired.

I've learned to love the handlebars set I had on my previous '04 XL1200C with 4,5" pull back risers.

I think Dyna Low Rider has something similar.
The numbers off the 1200C and the FXDL bars are similar, but not the same. The sporty bars have a little more pull back, and will cause your hands to twist outward. The Dyna Low has a more natural twist in the wrist (same angle as the mini ape). You'll have fun trying to duplicate the same pull back as the sporty unless you get sporty bars. None of the other bars on Harleys list have that same pull back ratio.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:04 AM
Mechano
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kk6pg
The numbers off the 1200C and the FXDL bars are similar, but not the same. The sporty bars have a little more pull back, and will cause your hands to twist outward. The Dyna Low has a more natural twist in the wrist (same angle as the mini ape). You'll have fun trying to duplicate the same pull back as the sporty unless you get sporty bars. None of the other bars on Harleys list have that same pull back ratio.
I've found 4-1/2" pull back risers. It's a quite less than '04-up XL1200C that has 6" risers.

I've also found XL handlebars 82-up new. It's 27" wide against 31" low rider.

I hope to find a similar driving position.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:38 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mini ape's have them on three bike's. but what work's for me may not work for you.on a road trip the wind alone will beat you up. depending how far it's hard to be perfect . alot of thing's become a factor on the road. even the best seat's grow teeth after so long and rather you have a windshield or not. what may work for three hundred miles may not work for six hundred.no matter what you may do there is some discomfort on a big road trip.but it's all what you make of it.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:16 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Sounds like you already know what you want.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:59 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

No, wind is not a problem for me. I had naked sport bikes before and I grown strong neck muscles...

I think it's a blood issue, with ape the hands are few inches over hearth level and after long time riding they become tired.

I've learned to love the handlebars set I had on my previous '04 XL1200C with 4,5" pull back risers.

I think Dyna Low Rider has something similar.
Now you know you can compare a sport bike to your dyna. If the wind got to bad, all you had to do was lay down on the tank and it was all good. As far as your hands being above your heart, they may get colder faster or even a little numb but not tired, unless I'm missing the boat on 'tired'.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:03 AM
thomaskray
Road Master

What's the most comfortable handlebars for a Dyna?

Something relaxing for long trips.

I've a '07 SB and the mini ape makes me tired after long riding.

A friend of mine told me the Sportster one with 4,5" riser pullback, like the XL1200C or somthing similar to the Low Rider's.
I've got a set of those bars just sittin around. Brand new. Bought them to try out but ended up going with drag bars. You can have them for free if you pay shipping. Let me know.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:28 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As everyone stated, it's a personal preference. I was getting pain between the shoulders with my stock Lowrider bars, so I went with a set of 504s Chubbys from Wild1 and they are very comfortable. They have more pullback and are a bit wider than the stock bars, plus I was able to hide the wires inside.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:46 PM
mkbriggs
Stage I
Default comfy ride???

Hubby wants to buy a HD, question is which will be best for me on the back? He likes the Heritage Softail, but concerned about my comfort. Help!!

Old 03-30-2012, 08:53 PM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

Ultra bars with back rest. I've had both elbows worked on twice and both wrists once. Back is still hanging there. When can't walk back will be done. Can get about 2hundred miles before pain pills or dark beer.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:18 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mkbriggs
Hubby wants to buy a HD, question is which will be best for me on the back? He likes the Heritage Softail, but concerned about my comfort. Help!!
Go on a test ride with him.

Quick Reply: Most comfortable handlebars