Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help diagnosing a problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:21 PM
wiegs
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kk6pg
Wiegs,
You shouldnt need an eq for the brake light alone. Better start chasing turn signal wires. Look and see which light isnt working and thatll tell you the direction you have to go. Theres a pinched wire or shorted socket in there somewhere
Maybe I pinched a wire when I was putting the wires in the backbone. I put new amber bulbs in and there was no corrosion on the connectors.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:28 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Both front and back signals working?

Old 05-20-2009, 08:31 PM
wiegs
Tourer

yep, all bulbs are working. Maybe there is a defect with one of the bulbs.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:36 PM
PMB3
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about blinker relay.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Richinlc
Cruiser

Originally Posted by archergodwin
Turn signals will flash 4 times at normal speed, and then almost triple the flashing rate when something is wrong. Such as a burnt out bulb, no connection type of thing.
you defs need a load eq with the kury tail light and if they blink too fast do you have other leds besides that? you'll need another load eq mine flash faster since I removed my stock fronts and I have a panacea tail light with small kury bullets in the back...going to add the stop turn brake moduel and another eq and see what happens

Old 05-20-2009, 08:45 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't need an equalizer for the tail light as there is no connection to blinkers and since you are running normal bulbs for blinkers it should be fine . If it is only doing this on one side and not the other it is likely a defective bulb or lack of a good connection to produce load. If it's doing it on both left and right side blinkers the problem could be the relay or tssm. Check all ground wires while at it.
Ron

Old 05-20-2009, 08:46 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by rbabos
You don't need an equalizer for the tail light as there is no connection to blinkers and since you are running normal bulbs for blinkers it should be fine . If it is only doing this on one side and not the other it is likely a defective bulb or lack of a good connection to produce load. If it's doing it on both left and right side blinkers the problem could be the relay or tssm. Check all ground wires while at it.
Ron

+1....

Old 05-20-2009, 08:50 PM
YoungGun
Cruiser

just for S and giggles, take the OEM light and hook it back up , if the issue dissipates then it definitely in the tail light assembly. Your rear turns are through the taillight assembly, which the voltage may be getting whacked with the Kury assembly being attached.

I just upgraded to all LEDs and without the modulator, they would work fine for a few minutes then go all whacked out as you described. slapping a badlands ILL-01-A Module in there will most likely rectify your dilemma. 10 minute install, and it will allow you to keep everything LED and turn your rear into a run turn brake trio. best $HD I have spent

As others stated make sure of the burned out bulb syndrome and pinched wiring at the tail.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:08 PM
2NAHNTR
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

If you know how to use a multi-meter, test the bulbs and the sockets to see if you have continuity and voltage.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 PM
wiegs
Tourer
Angry

Originally Posted by YoungGun
just for S and giggles, take the OEM light and hook it back up , if the issue dissipates then it definitely in the tail light assembly. Your rear turns are through the taillight assembly, which the voltage may be getting whacked with the Kury assembly being attached.

I just upgraded to all LEDs and without the modulator, they would work fine for a few minutes then go all whacked out as you described. slapping a badlands ILL-01-A Module in there will most likely rectify your dilemma. 10 minute install, and it will allow you to keep everything LED and turn your rear into a run turn brake trio. best $HD I have spent

As others stated make sure of the burned out bulb syndrome and pinched wiring at the tail.
I just checked things out again in the garage. I tried the signals with the led brake light and everything it working fine. I put the stock brake light on and everything worked fine. I also checked the connections on the rear signal and they appear to be good. Double checked and the bulbs seem fine.

I have to believe it is some sort of connection issue since it happens so randomly. if it continues to happend I will swap out the signal bulbs with the stockers and see what happens.

Thanks for the help fellas

Quick Reply: need help diagnosing a problem