Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Denim Care

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 05:52 AM
eddie0324
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Denim Care

I just got my blk denim "bob" last Thur. and if you look on page 150 of manual the inst. to clean are a little strange.
It recomends dishwasher detergent for the finish and s100 for the rest.
How the hell are you going to clean the rest of the the bike without getting s100 on the finish?
I'm hopeing some of you guys that have had the bike longer than I have can tell me what your using or share some ideas

Thanks

Eddie

Old 06-24-2006, 07:24 AM
Sooee
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Black Denim Care

I have had mine 2 months and cleaned it twice (once because I ended up on a long run, camping in a paddock of wet mud). I just used dish detergent and water all over - looks bloody good to me.

Old 06-24-2006, 09:54 AM
dubblist
Tourer

I havnt washed mine yet either since only picking it up a couple weeks ago but I the last few times I've wiped it down ( the tins that is) I used Quick Detail. Just sprayed it on on of my old under tshirts and lightly wiped it. Came out great, made the black a little darker and it didnt leave any streaks. Just apply lightly

Old 06-24-2006, 10:45 AM
tommyjeeps
Novice

I use windex wips and the MR Clean home spotless wash - it really works and saves alot of time on the rims(no spots0

Old 06-24-2006, 12:46 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't think it makes much difference what you use on the Denim black, the finish is very tough. I usually just spray with windex and wipe it off. I've spilled gas on mine and it had no effect whatsoever.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 06-24-2006, 12:51 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wash mine with dish soap, then dry w/ a leaf blower. In between washings I clean it with windex.

Old 06-24-2006, 01:11 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

ORIGINAL: dubblist
I used Quick Detail.
Dude,

Who makes that stuff/where did ya get it?

Anyone try Harley Gloss on it yet? Its on the H-D very short list of products 'approved' for denim.

STeve

Trending Topics

Old 06-24-2006, 01:17 PM
dubblist
Tourer

McQuires Quick Detail..any auto parts store, target, etc. I just used it on the whole bike this morning and it looks great. It also puts a tiny wax or sealant if you will. Water just runs off.

Old 06-24-2006, 01:55 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: dubblist

McQuires Quick Detail..any auto parts store, target, etc. I just used it on the whole bike this morning and it looks great. It also puts a tiny wax or sealant if you will. Water just runs off.
I use the Mcquires Quick detail stuff on my bike...but only when it's already pretty clean. When there's lots of bugs, dirt, etc, you're better off using something petroleum distillate based....like that HD polish (spray on and wipe/buff off)...Honda makes a polish that is basically the same thing (in a honda can). This stuff is much better at actually cleaning and polishing, while the quick detail doesn't clean as well, but probably gives a better shine.
All of these aren't as good as using good old soap and water, and then give a full wax job/metal polish etc. But these are nice fast solutions if your bike is relatively clean already.

Todd

Old 06-24-2006, 02:04 PM
dubblist
Tourer

Ya I should have said that in my first post...if it's dirty, dirty then a reg wash is the best. quick detail, like said above should only be used for road dust or sitting in the garage for a few days.

Quick Reply: Black Denim Care