Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragonfly Green / Vivid Black Paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 02:58 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 244 Likes on 162 Posts
Default RE: Dragonfly Green / Vivid Black Paint

I was set on getting Two-tone deep cobalt and brilliant silver, until I went to a local dealer that had a Sportster outside by the front door. I noticed out of the corner of my eye as I was walking by it, it was changing color. I went home and started calling pretty much every dealer in Southern California for a Dyna Low Rider in Dragonfly Green. Then one dealer did a search for me and located three. Turned out that the local dealer that had the Sportster also had a Low Rider up in their storage with the factory plastic still on it. I went back there and the sales manager showed it to me and even brought it down the elevator and rolled it outside in to the sunlight, two days later I was riding it home. In direct sun light the green metallic paint really stands out, it also has a different Harley logo on the tank (looks like gold leaf).

A friend of mine that retired and moved to Illinois was out here visiting his daughter and just before he went back I told him about the bike I bought, he's always been a fan of British motorcycles and British racing green. So out of curiosity he went to a local Harley dealer by his daughter’s house just to see the Dragonfly green but they didn't have any. While he was there, a mechanic at the dealership came up to him and asked him if that was his truck in the parking lot with the British motorcycle decals on it....he says "yes it is,...why?" so the mechanic asked "do you want to buy some parts?" So he ends up buying a whole bike in parts.

When he arrived back in Illinois I emailed him pictures of my bike, then he started emailing me questions about it, then he started calling me. Below are pictures of what he did next.

Name:  RogersBikeMar292006.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  73.5 KB
Name:  RogersBikeMar292006b.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  69.0 KB
Name:  HarleyClute3292006004platechange.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  78.8 KB

Old 07-02-2006, 03:41 PM
rideroftime
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Add me to the love list.
My neighbor bought the Heritage Softail in that color and it looks awesome. Looks great in the sunshine.
A local dealer still has a Deuce in that color.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:12 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

That is my favorite color combo right now.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:31 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful!!!

Old 07-04-2006, 11:27 AM
tchop
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 FXDL with a very limited combo....Medium Candy Teal/Vivid Black and gold leaf. I have seen only two other bikes with that color combo.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2559/B6A89F1A3EB044AD8B3AA72A29119DC4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-22-2007, 08:42 PM
dragonfly58
Advanced

I have the exact same 06 LowRider, in the exact colors. My first HD, and I love it. Bought it in June 2006. First time I saw it in the store,it had a "sold" tag on it, I asked dealer if they had any more, they said "no".
The next time I was in the store it had a "hold" tag on it with a different persons name on it.
The 3rd time I was in the store, it had NO tag on it, so I got out my checkbook, and now its mine.
I have put some "stuff" on it, but do not have any pictures yet. They will come someday........

Old 01-25-2007, 02:46 AM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I couldn't afford color. Vivid Black was Free!! I love your Bike. I haven't seen another in San Diego but I have seen the Sportster in the color scheme.

Oh I see you added forward controls

Old 01-25-2007, 03:51 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 244 Likes on 162 Posts

Gamma742,
Good eye. I was always putting my feet on the highway bars even between shifts and down shifting and braking with my heels, so aftereight thousand miles I decided enough is enough, sothelatest additionsare Harley Davidson 2005 Forward control kit, 2006 Polished Stainless Steel Gear Shift Linkage (2005 to short), Centerline collection foot pegs, brake pedal, and shifter peg,(from the CVO Springer),Polished Stainless Steel Footpeg Mounting Pins, andAileron Hand Grips. I'm surprised Harley Davidson doesn't charge extra for black, it is the most popular color and I think that's because it looks so good, not because they don't charge extra for it.......

dragonfly58 & Justin_Time,
If you can post up some photos.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:56 AM
dragonfly58
Advanced

WS6, I have the exact same bike, don't have any pics. yet.Will post when I do.
I have'nt done any thing real extreme, just basic things, det. sissy bar, HD diamond plate grips and pegs and a few other minor goodies. Thinking about a wind shield though.

Ride Safe.........

Old 01-26-2007, 03:16 AM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

If you Bobbed your rear fender, would there be any difference between your bike and a Wide Glide?

Quick Reply: Dragonfly Green / Vivid Black Paint