Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Dyna Knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 02:32 PM
JayC68
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Dyna Knowledge

Well, after 21 yrs on the street I'm finally about to move from a Jap cruiser to a Dyna in '10. My neighbor has a '98 Wide Glide w/ 48,000 mi. that's been sitting for a year, but she bought it new and I know that it was worked on only at the local HD shop, and I know the folks at the shop well, so it's all good, I think. My question is- where, other than here, will I find the best/most info on Dyna's? I mean from engine to suspension, handling, parts year compatability, etc... If I don't get her WideGlide then I'll most likely end up with a standard Dyna. Are there years where mods were made that are better (or worse)? Due to finances, I doubt I'll get a twin cam...
This forum has already helped alot, but I'm one of these guys that wants to know EVERYthing before I buy something......

Thanks,
Happy New Year!
JC
Mississippi

Old 12-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Unkwaldo
Intermediate
Default 06 Dyna Fork Sliders

Would anyone happen to know if there is a difference between a Wide Glide fork slider compared to a Street Bob fork slider?
I bought a chrome slider kit for a FXDWG and was hoping it would work on my FXDBI.
The kits the Harley web site are different part numbers, but the sliders look the same side by side. I know the wheel spacer are different, but I cant figure out what else is not the same.
Thanks,
Unkwaldo

Old 12-30-2009, 02:42 PM
DGDyna
Tourer

Originally Posted by Unkwaldo
Would anyone happen to know if there is a difference between a Wide Glide fork slider compared to a Street Bob fork slider?
I bought a chrome slider kit for a FXDWG and was hoping it would work on my FXDBI.
The kits the Harley web site are different part numbers, but the sliders look the same side by side. I know the wheel spacer are different, but I cant figure out what else is not the same.
Thanks,
Unkwaldo
Looks like a HIJACK to me!!!

Old 12-30-2009, 02:54 PM
LX HEMI
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JayC68
Well, after 21 yrs on the street I'm finally about to move from a Jap cruiser to a Dyna in '10. My neighbor has a '98 Wide Glide w/ 48,000 mi. that's been sitting for a year, but she bought it new and I know that it was worked on only at the local HD shop, and I know the folks at the shop well, so it's all good, I think. My question is- where, other than here, will I find the best/most info on Dyna's? I mean from engine to suspension, handling, parts year compatability, etc... If I don't get her WideGlide then I'll most likely end up with a standard Dyna. Are there years where mods were made that are better (or worse)? Due to finances, I doubt I'll get a twin cam...
This forum has already helped alot, but I'm one of these guys that wants to know EVERYthing before I buy something......

Thanks,
Happy New Year!
JC
Mississippi

Last edited by LX HEMI; 12-30-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: aaaa..why can't i delete?!
Old 12-30-2009, 02:54 PM
LX HEMI
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks,
Happy New Year!
JC
Mississippi

Well to the OP!
Best bet is to open up your questions in individual threads (in the right section) and let people fill you in on thier opinions.
My only question is your statement about the "twin cam". I though all 88/96ci were twin cam...

Last edited by LX HEMI; 12-30-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:16 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

yeah stick around and ask questions.

ask and ask and ask.

chances are someone here has done what you're considering doing so you'll get the ins and outs and the do's and don'ts on all your mods and ideas.

search function works well too.

unkwaldo, go get your own thread

Old 12-30-2009, 03:57 PM
freddyttt
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks,
Happy New Year!
JC
Mississippi

Since you did not mention price Ill just throw this out there-

not so fast.......... to me unless she is giving it away then Id look around. 48,000 seems like a lot(again unless she is giving it away). I can tell you in this day and age cash is king and people are hurting. I picked up a used 2001 dyna with 11,000 miles minty fresh for 5,300.

just a heads up.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:04 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Unkwaldo
Thanks,
Unkwaldo
Holy change of direction Batman !!!!!!

Old 12-30-2009, 06:21 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

A 98 WG is a good looking bike, but be aware that as an EVO, it's pretty old technology wise...the TC's have been around for a decade now...just do your homework and remember the only dumb question is the one that wasn't asked...

Old 12-30-2009, 08:26 PM
JayC68
Stage IV

I doubt I'll be able to afford the newer Dyna's with the 88 or 96 engine which came out in 2000, I think. That's what I was referring to.

JC

Quick Reply: Need Dyna Knowledge