Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:41 PM
matts Dyna
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samson Pipes

I have been looking into some pipes. I like the way the Samson's look and sound but, I have been finding mixed reviews. Can anyone tell me the real deal? I read that they use to blue really bad, are they still having this problem? Is the customer service really that crappy? I have a 09 Low Rider. I am more interested in keeping the power, I have heard of people loosing power when they switch pipes. The pipes I am looking at are the Samson Rip saws found here http://www.samsonusa.com/D2-974.html. I am new to the forum so help or advice would be cool.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:43 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

If you run pipes that shorter with no baffles it is likely you will lose some low end but gain top end. I had some Samson's on my ride for a long time with no bluing as they had heat shields.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have nothing to say about that set of samsons but this. I ride with a friend that has them, and they are a pain in the *** if you are riding behind him. Those damn things blow up so much crap off the road its not even funny! But, they do sound good, hes had them about 3 months and they still look bad ***.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:43 PM
09B29
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Warrior Redleg
I have nothing to say about that set of samsons but this. I ride with a friend that has them, and they are a pain in the *** if you are riding behind him. Those damn things blow up so much crap off the road its not even funny! But, they do sound good, hes had them about 3 months and they still look bad ***.
Sweet
Thats the way it should be!!!

Old 03-03-2010, 07:45 PM
The Shute
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I run Sampson's and I dig the sound and the performance is bitchin'

Old 03-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Back in the 90s I bought a set of Sampson straights for my ultra. They sounded great, but the mount broke with in 2 months for the rear pipe. I welded the bracket back on after I called them and they said they would send a replacement at no charge. On one of the chrome cover, the mounting points broke off a month later. When I contacted the customer service, they said they would replace the parts. They never sent anything. i called, wrote and even sent registered letters. I never received any replacement parts. They would talk to me and say they were sorry and the replacement parts were on the way. But they never sent anything. I gave up and got rid of the pipes.

I will NEVER Buy a Sampson item ever again. I will not put one of their products on any bike ever again. This is even if they gave the part free, I would not use it.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:18 PM
matts Dyna
6th Gear

Thanks for the input! Would I need to get a fuel management program for the pipes, like a power commander?

Old 03-03-2010, 11:43 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

i have samson's street sweepers on my bike and love them.

no quality problems as of yet, i have about 1000 miles on these pipes. the chrome is still beautiful.

i just added a high flow air cleaner and got the bike dyno'd and the sound from the street sweepers is amazing. LOUD and a real deep note.

their customer service leaves something to be desired. i tried calling to find out what size baffles go in the pipes and they treated the topic like i was asking for nuclear missile launch codes. i got a real bad run-around and no one wanted to give me an answer so i just gave up. once i got the bike tuned up i had no need to switch out to BCT baffles anyway.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:48 PM
wickeds10
Advanced

i have had the sweepers on my bike for 4 years now and dont have ant rust broken welds or any blemishes on them i like them for what they are

Old 03-04-2010, 06:34 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my buddy has those exact pipes on his dyna... they sound and look good, but as mentioned above they do throw dirt/dust all over the place. he did have to get 1 or 2 new sets of pipes because the "samson" stamp/etch in the pipe was hardley readable, it was missing half the word?!?!? and the set he finally settled upon had a chrome issue here and there, but you cant notice it unless its pointed out.

so to recap, they look, sound, and perform well. but they have a little quality control issues.

Quick Reply: Samson Pipes