Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDI or FXDCI

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 11:16 PM
tab10
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FXDI or FXDCI

Ok guys, I promise this is the last time I will be posting for opinions on two different bikes.. But I have decided on a Dyna Super Glide as the bike I would like to get... Here is what it comes down to... The custom is ready for some 2 up riding and has a little more chrome to it than the FXDI. And the FXDI doesnt have the passenger pegs or backseat on it. The dealer I was looking at the '06 in stocks and apparently is wanting to get them out the door as the sticker price is around MSRP. Here are the prices... Also, the dealership is offering no paperwork fees, no notary fees, and no setup fees (whether that is true or not I dont know)

FXDCI Dyna Super Glide Custom - $14,470.00

FXDI Dyna Super Glide $12,470.00

Question is, will I be able to get the SuperGlide close to the looks of a custom for significantly less than the 2K difference in price? Or would it be a better idea to just go ahead and get the Custom? Won't the custom have better resale value whenever I decide to sell than trying to make a Super Glide look like a Custom??

Thanks,
Todd

P.S. Hopefully the next time I post concerning a Dyna, it will include a picture of the bike I decided to get. Thanks for your patience!!

Old 08-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: FXDI or FXDCI

If you want chrome go with the fxdci, I am so glad I did.... but I kinda wish I would have went with a WG, I hate the narrow front end!! But I'm about to put a wide glide conversion kit and the mini ape on so I will have what I want. But if I was you I would go with the fxdci.

Donnie

Old 08-13-2006, 11:38 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Did you look at the FXDLI........black powder coated engine and even more chrome......I went through the same thing and chose the Low Rider.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:40 PM
LOU
Cruiser

I chose the FXDCI with the cast wheels for a couple reasons:
1. More chrome
2. 2-up ready
3. Colors available
4. Painted dash
I went to the dealer to buy the FXDI but when I saw the FXDCI next to it I chose the custom. The FXDI is an equally nice bike and the no chrome bike has an appeal of it's own. I like the look and feel of the mid-glide forks (not as much flex) and in time intend to have the Custom handling even better with shocks, fork brace, fork springs and sticky tires. You really can't go wrong with either choice but if it's chrome and 2-up riding you're after go for the Custom. [IMG] [/IMG]

Old 08-13-2006, 11:52 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well,.... even though I have an 06 FXDI and i'm very happy with it,....If I had to choose between and 07 superglide or 07 custom I would definately choose the custom since it has the dash like on the 35th anni and tank mounted speedo which makes changing out bars alot easier. And I also really like the looks of the chrome on the silver powder coated engine just as much as the black on chrome,..... I guess im just partial to the Dynas though.

John

Old 08-14-2006, 12:03 AM
bobbybob
Intermediate

Two-up ready??? For $2000 more ??? Jeez, for $450 you can get a Mustang or Corbin 2-up setup with a driver backrest that is SOOO much more "ready" than the OEM butt-killer. That leaves $1550 to "play with"---i.e. get the stuff that MATTERS--not some stupid chrome side covers!!

Old 08-14-2006, 12:06 AM
bobbybob
Intermediate

As for resale value--would YOU pay $2000 more for a used Custom than a used FXDI ? I think not.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:06 AM
ronster
Road Master

i got the FXDI and set it up for 2-up. paid about that

Old 08-14-2006, 12:10 AM
ronster
Road Master

it did not cost that much to set up for 2-up riding. rolled mine out the door with python pipes,download,stage 1, ready for 2-up and only spent 2000.00
and the stealer gave me a gift card for 200.00

Old 08-14-2006, 12:11 AM
ronster
Road Master

and that included the detachable backrest.

Quick Reply: FXDI or FXDCI