Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help required Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:11 PM
sideshow bob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help required Please

I took a 120 mile trip to Wales over the weekend with no problems on my 2006 Street bob, spent the night and when I tried to start my ride next morning It just splutters and fires a few times but will not actually start. I had it brought home on a truck and I have tried the coil, plugs, checked all the connections. There are no error codes showing so I have discounted any problems with the sensors. The only thing left to check are the fuel injectors (but I think they would show up in the error codes) or may be the the fuel itself is contaminated.
I don't want to have to take it to the stealers so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Old 06-28-2010, 10:20 PM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts

I really don't you got a problem with your injectors friend. You say it lights a couple times and sputters and dies, so obviously you got starter/ignition working, do you hear the fuel pump kick on when you push the run/off switch to run, does your fuel gauge work. Have you made any recent mods/upgrades to say the handlebars/switches/neck/turnsignal area?
I'm betting your fuel pump is not running/ or is intermittantly running, especially since you have no codes. If that's the case there is a fuse for fuel pump I believe and then there is a relay, it's one of the big ones, called a system relay that ties up your fuel pump/fuel gauge, fuel system period, I had to replace it on my streetbob 06 for similiar issues to yours.
Hope that gets you in the right direction...