Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crap, Lost Cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure it fell off. I saw a guys fat bob in a parking lot without a cover. I went inside and saw the owner sitting at the bar with the cover sitting next to him. I asked him why he took it off and he said the covers are a high theft item.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Bogie1997
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Are you sure it fell off. I saw a guys fat bob in a parking lot without a cover. I went inside and saw the owner sitting at the bar with the cover sitting next to him. I asked him why he took it off and he said the covers are a high theft item.
I knew things have gotten bad but.......

Old 02-21-2011, 02:46 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

".... fit some kind of catch or other fixing. Any suggestions?"

Not able to find a MoCo accessory for the problem of the "loose" fuse-box cover I applied this very low-budget and definitely non-kosher fix to same.

Pulling off the cover you will see an open area in the upper left-hand corner of the fuse-box (see 1st thumbnail and partially inserted screw). Using the coil as a reference, I carefully drew some guidelines using masking tape and ink pen, then center-punched and drilled a 1/8" hole in the cover (see 2nd thumbnail).

Placed cover back on bike and using the just-drilled hole as a guide used a 7/64 bit to drill into the plastic fusebox. Used a 1/8" x 3/4" sheet metal screw to hold things together (see 1st thumb again). As you can see in the 3rd thumb, with the seat in place screw is not visible, and should offer some security in preventing the cover from falling off or turning up MIA after a night on the town.

Two notes of caution: there exists the potential for moisture entering the fuse-box through the new screw-hole (I used some heavy grease on the upper threads of the screw to minimize the risk), and when you sit on the bike the seat "crushes" down on top of the screw (I put some duct tape on the underside of the seat as protection).

Lastly, this is a long way from being professional, but I can live with it for now.

Attached Thumbnails Crap, Lost Cover-img_0573.jpg   Crap, Lost Cover-img_0574.jpg   Crap, Lost Cover-img_0575.jpg  
Old 06-28-2013, 10:21 AM
sbyumabaker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 DYNA Street Bob

Recently lost my side cover also... SUCKS!!! Damn thing is on back order also