Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been awhile Boys...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 06:47 AM
JCK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Been awhile Boys...

I been reading here an there but riding more. As you know I did the 106 S&S build 6 are 7 months ago all is good on it.

I never liked the fact that the piston were down .012. But It didnt really matter. Well started to think what i would do over the winter. I called S&S and ask them why they thought the piston were down in the cylinders. Well to my surprise the new all about it. The first round of kits had the wrong size pistons. They were very nice about it, said pull them out an send them back and they would send me new ones. I told them maybe this winter. I am pretty sure I will change the cams to Woods have the 54 now. But Im thinking over the winter might be a 117... Not sure I really need it.. But when the hell has need had anything to do with it.

Ride safe...

Old 07-07-2010, 09:21 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad to hear s&s is stepping up to the plate, but makes you wonder how they could let this happen in the first place. And as for the 117", I'm currently talking it over with Dave at Jds cycleworks about possibly going to a 124" this winter myself. You know there's not that much of a difference in $$$ between a 117" & 124" right? lol! And as for not needing it, "better to have it and not use it, then not have it and wish you did".

Old 07-07-2010, 09:33 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

At .555 lift, is the 54 cam more or less drop-in?

Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 AM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
At .555 lift, is the 54 cam more or less drop-in?
Yep, If you have the newer heads with the conical/beehive springs.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:19 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I went from the 107" to the 117" and it is a big jump in performance. A well thought out and built 117" puts out some really good HP and Tq numbers.

Originally Posted by JCK
I been reading here an there but riding more. As you know I did the 106 S&S build 6 are 7 months ago all is good on it.

I never liked the fact that the piston were down .012. But It didnt really matter. Well started to think what i would do over the winter. I called S&S and ask them why they thought the piston were down in the cylinders. Well to my surprise the new all about it. The first round of kits had the wrong size pistons. They were very nice about it, said pull them out an send them back and they would send me new ones. I told them maybe this winter. I am pretty sure I will change the cams to Woods have the 54 now. But Im thinking over the winter might be a 117... Not sure I really need it.. But when the hell has need had anything to do with it.

Ride safe...

Old 07-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the Big Bore kit installed in my 1999 lowrider and it ran like a scarred rabbit and also drank gas like i drink beer but i was going no where fast you miss all the scenery , smells, hot woman walking etc it's nice if your going to race down the 1/4 mile track but it also can be an expensive hobby when it comes to a motor blowing up , my stock 88 has plenty of power when i need it and i can smell the flowers along the way , slow down life is to short ! RIDE SAFE !

Last edited by Wonkaboy; 07-07-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:50 AM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonkaboy
I had the Big Bore kit installed in my 1999 lowrider and it ran like a scarred rabbit and also drank gas like i drink beer but i was going no where fast you miss all the scenery , smells, hot woman walking etc it's nice if your going to race down the 1/4 mile track but it also can be an expensive hobby when it comes to a motor blowing up , my stock 88 has plenty of power when i need it and i can smell the flowers along the way , slow down life is to short ! RIDE SAFE !
I stayed 96" because I didn't feel like doing the crank yet, it was hard looking at the pistons when my heads were being ported knowing how close I was and how easy it would be but I held off, I have about 100tq and it's plenty enough to move my bike. I'm going to wear this one out or break it before I open it up again.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:23 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There's something to be said about a slow relaxing ride, but then again, it sure is fun to hammer it and go WOT!

Originally Posted by Wonkaboy

Old 07-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddy33
There's something to be said about a slow relaxing ride, but then again, it sure is fun to hammer it and go WOT!

Oh i still go WOT !!!!!