Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lighting predicament.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:00 AM
HDRusty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lighting predicament.

I put some LED tail lights into my 2010 WG to replace the stock 1157’s. I also got a signal stabilizer from custom dynamics to correct the problem having a much lower load on the system. The problem is that the stabilizer that the company has listed for my bike is a 6 pin connection. I have gone through every connector under the seat and I do not see a 6 pin connecter. I located the tail light wires coming in from the read fender which are 2 separate 3 pin connections. So either I have the wrong part (which the assure me I don’t), or I am pulling a ray Charles and not finding the right connecter. Any ideas out there?

Old 07-29-2010, 11:42 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am not sure how they did the taillight wiring on the new WG. Mine had a harness coming from the front and you put the load equalizer between that and the rear harness.

I picture of the harness's under your seat would help.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:50 AM
RicMF
Tourer

Sounds like the wrong connector to me. I would expect the load equalizer to plug into the connector coming from the rear fender. On bikes with a tail light this is a squarish white six pin connector, but your bike doesn't have a tail light so I wouldn't think it would have the usual connector. But I don't know what they'd have in place or if there's a similar setup on a different bike, like one of the sportsters with no tail light, perhaps?

Old 07-29-2010, 08:17 PM
HDRusty
Cruiser

Here are some photos. It looks like I have an 8 pin connector (as seen in picture "8"). They are going to send me a 8 pin signal stabilizer to see if that one will work. Also, after I replaced the stock 1157 bulbs for the LED clusters I noticed that "security system lamp" indicator coming on as soon as I would hit one of the turn signals. I am assuming that this is d/t to the lower draw of the LED? Is that light supposed to come on when a bulb blows? Thanks for the help guys.

Attached Thumbnails Lighting predicament.-4.jpg   Lighting predicament.-8.jpg  
Old 07-29-2010, 09:45 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not at my computer so pics are small but it should connect in-between the black plug above your finger in the 2nd pic

Equalizer should fix your security light also