Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Street Bob alarm problem plz help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 07:55 PM
maddmike2154
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Street Bob alarm problem plz help!!

hello, i have an 07 street bob and for some god awfull reason my alarm is triggered when i put key and i have the FOB attached to the key chain it goes into alarm mode and wont start?? i was reading the manual and noticed there was a "pin" u can put into the bikke to disarm the bikes alarm but im not sure if i make up my own pin and if the bike has its own? any help with disarming the alarm or any trouble shooting would be appreciated, thanks alot

i do keep the key and fob in the ignition all most all the time when parked and i read the manual and understand it says not to do so but i have always done this since day one and dont know why it would start doing it now..

m.jones

Old 07-31-2010, 02:00 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by maddmike2154
hello, i have an 07 street bob and for some god awfull reason my alarm is triggered when i put key and i have the FOB attached to the key chain it goes into alarm mode and wont start?? i was reading the manual and noticed there was a "pin" u can put into the bikke to disarm the bikes alarm but im not sure if i make up my own pin and if the bike has its own? any help with disarming the alarm or any trouble shooting would be appreciated, thanks alot

i do keep the key and fob in the ignition all most all the time when parked and i read the manual and understand it says not to do so but i have always done this since day one and dont know why it would start doing it now..

m.jones

First of all...How is the battery in the FOB? Do you have a spare one to try? I had a problem, so just switched FOBs and everything worked.

Since you have the manual, the instructions are in it. I just set my PIN yesterday, it took about 6 attempts to set it, must have been my timing.

Personally I don't like the whole FOB idea, I park in my garage and just leave the key and FOB on a nearby shelf since it falls out of the ignition when turned off anyway.

I don't think leaving the key with the attached FOB in the ignition are a problem, just be sure it's in the "off" position.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:33 AM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

agreed

Old 07-31-2010, 07:05 AM
mikeault
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, your battery's dead. Radio shack has 4 packs for $5. Theres a thread on here somewhere with the procedures for override with a pin. Definately good to know, in case your battery dies 100 miles from home... or radio shack!

Old 08-02-2010, 04:52 PM
maddmike2154
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AHHHH...life is good again, it was the batt in the FOB! thanks alot for the help guys!! wal mart had a two pack of the 2032 batts for $4.97, great deal!!