Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

...picture update, and some advice please...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 10:32 PM
jordanball33
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow ...picture update, and some advice please...

and heres some pics of where im at as of right now.

next is suspension

progressive 11inch shocks/front springs or burly slammer kit???

ive herd good about both on here, but what would you recommend, i ride by myself 95 percent of the time, i ride around town alot, but also like to take trips on the weekend.. any help here?

Attached Thumbnails ...picture update, and some advice please...-photo-27-.jpg   ...picture update, and some advice please...-photo-28-.jpg   ...picture update, and some advice please...-photo-29-.jpg  
Old 08-11-2010, 04:21 AM
Handsome
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't have access to pictures

Old 08-11-2010, 11:05 PM
jordanball33
Road Master

Originally Posted by Handsome
Don't have access to pictures
you just gotta give a few comments then it will let u see them

Old 08-12-2010, 07:51 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm surprised nobody has jumped in and gave an opinion...maybe it's because there are so many threads talking about both of your options. I don't have any type of lowering done to my Fat Bob so I can't render an opinion from experience. I can say that I'm not going to lower my bike. I can't see giving up ground clearance and making the bike ride stiffer. Seems like a double negative IMO. I guess it's all about looks and that's fine too. That being said, get the Burly kit.. I think it looks good and is reasonably priced.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:55 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally think the Burly kit looks like ****. They both perform so so, unless you go with Progressive standard height springs, with 11.5 440 shocks your bike will ride worse than it did before you messed with it.

Just on looks alone I would say stay away from Burly.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:03 PM
MLWilson
Tourer

I don't have any experience with either, I went with performance works triple rate springs front and dual rate rear shocks. I have zero complaints.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:48 PM
fame2
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

nice bike bro...looks real good...i had the progressives 11" when i had my street bob...bike definitely looked nice and slammed...u can see pics in my album...as far as the ride, it was a stiff ride...wasn't as comfortable on long trips...but f*k it, if I wanted comfort, i woulda bought a cadillac lol

Old 08-12-2010, 10:57 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I've got 11 inch Progressives on the back of my bike and like fame 2 said it rides stiff. It's gotten much better since I got down to 210 lbs though. I love the lowered stance so i can put up with a little harsher ride. Plus i had a Sporty before and even with these short shocks it rides much better than the Sporty ever did, which would bang my teeth together over any bump out on the road.
I left the front stock and notice no handling issues.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned

I have on Progressive 11" on my Street Bob and for the last 10k out of 15k and it's the WORST modification i ever did to my bike , yea it may look cool black and slammed but the ride sucks over bumps and interferes with the front end performance , i can't take it anymore , i'm getting ready to change back to my stock shocks sometime this week and i can't wait , it's going to be a new bike ride all over again because i forgot how it used to ride which must be better than what it is now , i also might have them powercoated or painted shiny Black, the shocks will be up for sale pretty soon in the classifieds here on the forum most likely for $125.00 plus the shipping , i paid $240.00 , so be on the look out whoever wants them

Last edited by Wonkaboy; 08-12-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:21 AM
Bone11B
Road Captain

Can you take some pics from the back of your bike looking at the exhaust?
Im thinking about getting the lakesters 2-1, but it looks like theres a huge gap and it hangs low.

Burly kit would look good, but would not ever recommend 2 up.

Quick Reply: ...picture update, and some advice please...