Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypercharger vs Heavy Breather

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 08:44 AM
BugDr
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first time I saw a Hypercharger, it was on a Kawasaki Vulcan.....it looked great next to all the plastic chrome.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:21 AM
mwswarrior
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have any experience with forward controls and the heavy breather? I have pretty long legs and forward controls and think the heavy breather might be in the way. Any other good options for more air flow?

Old 04-27-2012, 05:28 AM
Bobber883
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarhead08
I don't think it would be much difference in performance strictly from bolting it on vs what you have now, carbs and throttle bodies can only suck in so much air at a time. Tuning it for that specific setup will determine your power. Changing your air to fuel mix is always going to change your performance somewhat, I'd say it wont be enuff to tell unless dyno'd. On another note I do know if I take my round cover off to show the big sucker filter and run the bike it really affects how the bike runs at idle. More air causes it to cough and sputter but adding the round cover on it makes it run right.
U will gain performance if u use a heavy breather! I had a hyper an i swaped it with the heavy gained 6 horse!! Thats dyno'd an any1 who knows bikes can tell a 6 horse gain ant day. But def lose the hyper youll b surprised. But it also depends if ur E.F.I. or carb, if carb youll need to re-jet it if efi then adjust thru the comp or however they do it on them idk ive never owned one an never will. No offense! But just changen filters isnt the only step just sayn.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:44 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

hypercharger = unnecessary moving parts & questionable gains

Old 04-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Spud17
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You dont really get any performance gains from a hypercharger because they are not actually forced induction. They are just for looks.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:11 PM
annapolisfatbob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=mwswarrior;7193509]Anyone have any experience with forward controls and the heavy breather? I have pretty long legs and forward controls and think the heavy breather might be in the way. Any other good options for more air flow?[/quote

your leg wont hit it at all man, i use to have one and the clearance is great! it takes a 90 bend straight out of the bracket.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:03 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

can i have the hypercharger , i want to mount it on my lawn mower , bet that thing would fly then and maybe a flame paint job . id be so pimp in the trailer park

Old 04-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 345 Likes on 159 Posts

I have long legs and I clear the Heavy breather better than the stock dyna cover.
My leg was always hitting it during braking. Glad i bought it. Bike is louder too since I put it on.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:04 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I have a heavy breather and use hwy pegs in the front . Plenty of room for my right leg and plenty comfortable too.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:00 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL. Well put!

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
I've heard from pretty reliable sources that the hypercharger, although gaudy and stupid looking, perform like **** as well.

Quick Reply: Hypercharger vs Heavy Breather