Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Love my Fat Bob, but wife hates it.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 08:30 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Too bad the rear footpegs are stuck on the swing arm....I wonder which Albert Einstein did that? Probably the same douchebag that left the alignment dowels out of the 2006 trans/ip cases and caused the ipb issue.

Get some anti-vib pegs and maybe send your seat to Bar Enterprises in Cali and have them stuff it with miracle foam. I had my stock seat done and the foam absorbs a lot of the vibration.

http://www.harleyseats.com/

Old 10-26-2010, 08:38 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Old 10-26-2010, 09:07 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkey
Unfortunately, the pegs are attached directly to the paint mixer since '06...HD PN's 50643-82 and50647-82 anti-vibe footpegs are as good as it's gonna get...a different backrest might help, too. Wife and I doubled on my FXDXT for a few years until she bought her own...if everyone's not happy, no ones happy...
Better than those heavy Kuryakan dually pegs ya think? Parts guy reccommended the ISO style but I'm all for something better - looked at those anti vibe pegs but went with dealer's choice.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:14 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by dustinn3
I just bought my dream bike last month, a 09 Fat Bob. I finally convinced the wife I needed to upgrade after we took a 1500 mile trip on my 04 XL1200C sportster. I finally got her to take a ride with me yesterday after I put a sundowner and the smooth bucket backrest on. I figured with the wider seat and backrest, plus a lot more room, she would love it. But alas she hates it. She said my sportster was more comfortable and that back rest makes her back itch and her feet are too high and vibrate so bad it hurts. I don't notice the bike vibrating at all going down the road. My sportster was way worse to me. I was going to get the adjustable peg offsets, but I doubt that'll do anything for the vibration. Has anyone tried relocating the rear pegs to the frame?
I have the same issue, the wife and I did a 1500 mile ride on my SB and she thought the seat was "OK", but her legs and feet hurt like hell through out the ride. I also went from a 1200C to the SB. She wasn't happy doing long distance on the sporty and I agreed, not a long distance bike. I thought the problem might be the pegs I installed on the bike. But the more I thought about it, it started to become obvious the the major difference for the passenger was the peg location. I could only imaging how much more movement they feel with the swing arm always moving. I have been trying to figure out away to make a bracket with arms that can be mounted to the downtube under the rider seat and then have the pegs mounted to it. I will try and keep you updated with I am able to work out.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:18 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
I have the same issue, the wife and I did a 1500 mile ride on my SB and she thought the seat was "OK", but her legs and feet hurt like hell through out the ride. I also went from a 1200C to the SB. She wasn't happy doing long distance on the sporty and I agreed, not a long distance bike. I thought the problem might be the pegs I installed on the bike. But the more I thought about it, it started to become obvious the the major difference for the passenger was the peg location. I could only imaging how much more movement they feel with the swing arm always moving. I have been trying to figure out away to make a bracket with arms that can be mounted to the downtube under the rider seat and then have the pegs mounted to it. I will try and keep you updated with I am able to work out.
Been thinking about that too, thought about using highway peg mounts but if you get them down far enough to where the tube is round..............the swinger will hit them with the slightest movement. I'm wondering about installing some rubber isolator mounts in the bracket.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:28 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Maybe she could try some different shoes or boots...We all know how much women like getting new shoes. Get some with good soles and maybe put some foam insoles in them... Hey it's worth a try...

Old 10-26-2010, 09:34 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Sorry man, and it's not my place (I have my own issues........) but you need to make some adjustments to your DREAM ride (pegs, seats, backrests), the options are endless.

But if you sell your DREAM ride, then you won't be happy - ever....... and trust me man, that won't work either.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:37 AM
dougk33
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had same problem with wife on a ride from PA to SC, her feet were numb and stated would not do another long ride. this is after three sets of foot pegs for her including the ISO's, Well to make her happy which in turn makes me happy ended up trading in the Fat Bob for a Road Glide Ultra, should be no issues with comfort now.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Kev_England
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had the very same complaint on Sunday when I took my wife for a short ride on the FXD. She said the vibrations were "really bad on my feet". I thought she was complaining. Guess I was wrong.

We were talking about going to Daytona bike week - now she is going to fly down and meet me there instead of riding pilion!

Old 10-26-2010, 09:49 AM
MB-WideGlide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On longer rides I will put my feet on the pass pegs, the vibrations coming off of them is unreal .My wife has yet to go for a ride with me,and when she does (not till spring now)I'm sure she wont be happy with all the vibrations...............
Maybe I will have to trade up to the Street Glide ???? I sure hope not..........
I love my Wide Glide, but the Street Glides sure are nice

Quick Reply: Love my Fat Bob, but wife hates it.