Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fork brace for Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:12 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I had a bad wobble and went with a brace. It still had the wobble until I went with a true track. The wobble went away, so I took the brace off and still no wobble. So my take is that it did not make a difference for a 49mm fork. That may change for you as the fender does provide some stability. As for looks, I think they look great.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:51 PM
markrumsfield
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackmopar
I made one similar to the RSD unit - Ive run my bike with and without and there is def a difference. The superbrace type design is probably stiffer than my version and can be run wuth a fender.

Custom Cycle Engineering offers a better looking one (IMO) than superbrace and same design about the same price I think.

Heres a sh1tty pic of mine and a shot of the CCE unit

Hey that is pretty dam cool, how did you make it? I would get the RSD one but he dont make it for midglides...

Old 10-28-2010, 11:20 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbie13
Yeah, that's about what I had in mind. Did you use 2" flatbar?
yep, i templated the fender mounts with cardboard, transferred, bent it over a gas bottle and drilled the hell out of it - its stout - probably not as stout as the superbrace but way heavier duty than the oe fender for sure - the only bummer about this way is that you cant run the fender with it, but its 4 bolts, so when its raining when i wake up i just seap it out with the fender and roll

Old 10-28-2010, 11:23 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain

Originally Posted by markrumsfield
Hey that is pretty dam cool, how did you make it? I would get the RSD one but he dont make it for midglides...
thanks Mark
i wanted the RSD one too - but flat bar and some rattle can was def the right price and its one off so even better, right! I just dont have that cool little silver doohickey riveted top center but amazingly i still sleep at night

Old 10-29-2010, 05:19 AM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blackmopar
thanks Mark
i wanted the RSD one too - but flat bar and some rattle can was def the right price and its one off so even better, right! I just dont have that cool little silver doohickey riveted top center but amazingly i still sleep at night
You got that right. For some reason they are proud of that stuff. Nothing a torch and drill press can't copy.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:02 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

After I installed the Super Brace I found that hard, necessary stops (far too many of those with people always plowing into my lane!) are straight as an arrow and controlled. . . a bit more than without the Super Brace. There may be an instance where that little difference may be very significant; I'm glad I have one. I also really like the looks.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:47 AM
C-Cat
Tourer

Originally Posted by JRK5892
i have a superbrace... LOVE IT!!!!!! i ride my bike like a sport bike, there is a huge diff wiht it! i also have a damper
where did you buy the damper?
Thanks

Old 10-29-2010, 08:34 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have SE Fork Brace hard to find anymore and made a world of difference in handling and at highway speeds.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PitDog
where did you buy the damper?
Thanks
I thought dampers were for FL models? Do they even make them for Dynas?

I also thought dampers were made to prevent the dreaded, and deadly, FL 'tankslapper' phenom that can lead to the 'death or serious injury' dealio?

Also wanted to ask if the 49mm forks are less responsive to the fork brace than the older, smaller forks. Especially on the 'narrow glide' fronts. I thought that's why the MoCo beefed them up. Maybe not. Maybe it was just for looks. Don't know.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:56 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I love mine!!!
i got the damper kit off ebay for like 100 bucks... the damper that came with it was ok... but i had a extra HYPER PRO damper here in the shop so i put that on there... it is awesome i mean unreal! this sucker is so true in deep turns it will blow your mind... i also notice that i do not get any steering movement on the highway wiht the sheild on now as well... the damper stops any unnessasary movement and is one of my top 3 fav parts on my scoot. i am telling you a good damper on the bike is the ultimate purchase for handling

here is a shot of mine

Last edited by JRK5892; 10-29-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Fork brace for Dyna?