Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna accessory plug under the seat info

Old 03-16-2011, 04:49 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Dyna accessory plug under the seat info

I figure since i had some trouble with this i would pass this info to you incase you want to do the same thing. I wanted to add speakers and an amp and wanted to tap into the accessory wire under the seat. I ordered part number 70270-04. This turned out to be a 4 way extention that plugs into the single B+ connector under the seat (see pic). I really wanted the 4 prog plug that is part number 70264-94A. This part is listed for 94 and up touring models. This plug is also under the seat. For some reason the 94A part is listed to only fit 94 and up touring models not dynas. I talked to service and they said you can use either one. Both accessory plugs under the seat are fused in the fuse box. The one that fits 94A says in the manual its a customer accessory plug and the 04 says its B+ accessory plug. Well i went with the 94A plug and plugged it in and i have 2 accessory plugs to use. In pics number #3 is 70270-04 and # 6 is 70264-94A.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna accessory plug under the seat info-70270_04_-dyna-plug-2.jpg   Dyna accessory plug under the seat info-img048.jpg   Dyna accessory plug under the seat info-accessory-plug-final.jpg  

Last edited by pontiac69; 03-16-2011 at 05:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mikefmoto (02-19-2023)
Old 03-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Gringoloco13
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiac69
I figure since i had some trouble with this i would pass this info to you incase you want to do the same thing. I wanted to add speakers and an amp and wanted to tap into the accessory wire under the seat. I ordered part number 70270-04. This turned out to be a 4 way extention that plugs into the single B+ connector under the seat (see pic). I really wanted the 4 prog plug that is part number 70264-94A. This part is listed for 94 and up touring models. This plug is also under the seat. For some reason the 94A part is listed to only fit 94 and up touring models not dynas. I talked to service and they said you can use either one. Both accessory plugs under the seat are fused in the fuse box. The one that fits 94A says in the manual its a customer accessory plug and the 04 says its B+ accessory plug. Well i went with the 94A plug and plugged it in and i have 2 accessory plugs to use. In pics number #3 is 70270-04 and # 6 is 70264-94A.
I am confused as to why you didn't run a wire from the amp to the acc (accessory) wire off the ignition (r/gy) middle wire on your wiring diagram? That way you don't have to buy extra wiring components, so how much did the quad plug setup run you? I always just tap to acc +12v (using a blue wire), power (red) constant +12v and ground the system with a black wire 12 inches or shorter to the chasis. So when the ignition is on the power is supplied to the amp, etc and when off the power is off to them. So does this quad plug do the same thing in a nut shell? Also now you have to buy male plugs that fit that female plug (or are those wire splice in's) hard to tell from the pic? When my Tsukayu fairing setup comes in it has a acc wire splice in that you run to a acc wire in the ignition. So I am going to tap into the ignition acc wire. I just bought a service manual so I just have to trace it out, etc and then run the +12v lead to the battery and the same with the negative. Just never seen one of the quad plug add on's you bought, so they are new to me for wiring.

Last edited by Gringoloco13; 03-16-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:49 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member

Big reason i bought this adapter, 17 bucks, is because i dont want to splice any of the original wires. I wanted to keep the bike as electrically unaltered as possible. I dont know enough about electronics so i figure buy the plug, and use the harley installed acc plug on the bike. So now i will be able to run the wires from the amp directly to this plug adapter and just plug it into the original acc plug. THis plug only works when the bike is on ignition (running) or acc this way if i dont turn the amp off i wont drain the battery. I just put a meter on the other acc single wire B+ and sure enough its live all the time so it would drain what ever i left on. Oh the quad plug in the pic is the one i didnt buy. That one is for the B+ acc wire. I bought the one for the 94 and up touring. This has one female Deutsch spliced into 2 male Deutsch plugs. This is so you can run 2 accessorys. I just needed the female end to plug into the original plug so i just cut off the 2 pigtailed Deutsch connetors. I then just stripped and soldered on a wire that runs to the amp. If i ever sell the bike or sell the speakers and amp i can always just unplug the Deutsch plug and the bike is back to orginal.

Last edited by pontiac69; 03-16-2011 at 06:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ABQ-Jammer (04-02-2020)
Old 03-16-2011, 07:49 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,712 Likes on 2,055 Posts

i don't want to splice any of the original wires.
............bingo

Old 03-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Gringoloco13
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big reason i bought this adapter, 17 bucks, is because i dont want to splice any of the original wires. I wanted to keep the bike as electrically unaltered as possible. I dont know enough about electronics so i figure buy the plug, and use the harley installed acc plug on the bike. So now i will be able to run the wires from the amp directly to this plug adapter and just plug it into the original acc plug. THis plug only works when the bike is on ignition (running) or acc this way if i dont turn the amp off i wont drain the battery. I just put a meter on the other acc single wire B+ and sure enough its live all the time so it would drain what ever i left on. Oh the quad plug in the pic is the one i didnt buy. That one is for the B+ acc wire. I bought the one for the 94 and up touring. This has one female Deutsch spliced into 2 male Deutsch plugs. This is so you can run 2 accessorys. I just needed the female end to plug into the original plug so i just cut off the 2 pigtailed Deutsch connetors. I then just stripped and soldered on a wire that runs to the amp. If i ever sell the bike or sell the speakers and amp i can always just unplug the Deutsch plug and the bike is back to orginal.
Gotcha, thanks for explaining everything it makes perfect sense. I like learning new stuff so I always ask questions if I don't know. If you don't mind can you take a picture of how you modified your current setup, and the way I read it you purchased the 70264-94A part and it only runs when the iginition is on right? So it sounds like this 70264-94A part is a three plug setup, one for the source plug in and two secondaries to hookup accessories to? So you cut one of the secondaries and soldered the amp acc wire to it to turn it on and off with the ignition? I like this idea alot and if I have this all down right in my head, will go the same route for my batwing/stereo install.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:07 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member

Gringo, you got it. The bigger acc plug is the 94A and it only runs when the ignition is on. This way you dont drain your batt if you leave something on. Yea it might be over kill to buy a 17 dollar plug but like, MUD, dont want to splice into the factory wiring.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:15 AM
NeverEnoughToys
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the same thing. I used that splitter so that I wouldn't have to splice into original wiring. I then used the connectors from a pair of the 91843-97 accessory power points (one for a Kury accessory port and one for the GPS) along with the 92191-94 terminals to make them truly plug and play. I liked the 91843-97's because it also came with plugs for the unused terminals.

Now if I ever switch bikes, I can just disconnect and go. For me it's about the little things...

Old 03-17-2011, 12:53 PM
dynabobster
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A less expensive alternative may be to just order the sealed socket housing, wedge lock and a couple terminals.

72114-94BK
72154-94
72191-94
Parts list is shown for the 70264-94A plug assembly instructions.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J01544.pdf

Last edited by dynabobster; 03-17-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:28 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member

didnt even think of buying these parts seperatly since i didnt need the whole y plug.
this is what i got off zanottis website. so for 5 bucks you can get just the male end of the plug.

72114-94BK
SKU: HD-72114-94BK
Price: $3.96
SEALED SOCKET HOUSING

72154-94
SKU: HD-72154-94
Price: $0.77
SECONDARY LOCK 4 SOCKE

72191-94
SKU: HD-72191-94
Price: $0.66
STAMPED AND FORMED SOCK

Last edited by pontiac69; 03-17-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for this info. Good to have. I, like you, wouldn't want to cut into the factory wiring if I could help it either and this is a good alternative to have.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyna accessory plug under the seat info