Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pipes, seats, bars, beers.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Crushrus
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default pipes, seats, bars, beers.

if you saw my other thread, you saw the bike i just got today. if you've ever bought a bike you'll understand how you cant stop thinking and talking about it. if you drink beer and have the internet, you know how all of those things combine.

pipes.
bike came with rinehart 2-1 chrome pipes. they sound awesome and seem to perform real well. unfortunately they're chrome, which is just damn ugly to me. would it be insane to pull them off and BBQ black them? or should i just sell them and get some new pipes?

seats.
i dont hate the stock seat, but i hate 'stock' in general. any recommendations for a good, slim yet comfortable solo? lapera makes some nice ones, any particular model i should check for?

bars.
ive never ridden anything with apes, much different feel than my shorter bars on my sportster chop. anyone riding the biltwell apes? the look pretty nice, not sure how they'd compare though. other suggestions?

beer.
tonight its a combination of harp and uriquell.

opinions?

Old 04-15-2011, 09:33 PM
bobgv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same pipes and they do sound awesome and I think they look great the way they are but if you are going the blacked out route Im sure it will look good as well.... Well for beer Harp and Guiness make a great black and tan. Cheers on your new bike

Old 04-15-2011, 09:43 PM
that_guy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of good 2-1 pipes out there. I just got a Bub Raw1 (they used to make the rinehart stuff). It was $400 and i painted it and wrapped the headers. cost me 450 all together and that rinehart sould sell for a decent chunk of that. Research the raw 1. Holeshot choppers has a pretty interesting dyno sheet for it.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:47 PM
kirk180
Tourer

You got a nice bike, at a good price...I get it. However, you've been a member since November. Surely you've figured out how to find all those answers by now...if you don't already know them, that is.

Must be the beer!

Old 04-15-2011, 09:58 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I love my C&C seat. Great price and quality on top of awesome customer service.

Apes I have 15" Santee Bonanza II's and I love them and are a lot more comfortable then my stock mini apes.

Check this thread for ideas and there has been some great ones the last couple pages.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ckest-bob.html

Here's mine!!

Old 04-15-2011, 10:06 PM
BigNick
Cruiser

I have Lick's Cycles 12" "Fatty Z" Apes... super company to deal with and the bars are super comfortable. I kept my stock headers and wrapped them, and put on Cycle Shack turn-out slip ons that I bought from a member of this forum... love em, they sound great.

Congrats on the new ride... saw your other thread -- great bike/great deal.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:08 PM
nutter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrads on the new ride! since you want black pipes ever think of ceramic coating them?, does an amazing job of cutting down on heat. as far as a seat goes im about to order a c&c solo for my lowrider ive heard nothin but good things about them.corbins are nice too. lepera has a rep of being uncomfortable after a long ride.
enjoy the bike ride safe

Last edited by nutter; 04-15-2011 at 10:11 PM.