Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SaddleBagWorld?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default SaddleBagWorld?

Has anyone bought saddlebags from this place? They seem to have some competitive prices but I don't know about the quality. I was thinking about the 14x12x7 slant bags.

What about that size? What size are the bags on your dyna? I looked at the "post a pick of your dyna with bags" thread, but nobody says what size bags they have.

Any tips?

Old 05-12-2011, 02:39 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steel Steed
Has anyone bought saddlebags from this place? They seem to have some competitive prices but I don't know about the quality. I was thinking about the 14x12x7 slant bags.

What about that size? What size are the bags on your dyna? I looked at the "post a pick of your dyna with bags" thread, but nobody says what size bags they have.

Any tips?

Mine are approx. 18 X 10-1/2 X 6-1/2 slant bags. I really like the size and can just squeeze in one of those Reda gas cans for a bit of insurance on some of our rides out West. The ones you are looking at are taller and deeper, which is a good thing, but I think you would appreciate them being a bit longer. I don't recall where I bought mine last year, but they were inexpensive, but well made and match my studded Mustang seat pefectly.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:06 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

You really need to measure the distance between your rear signals and the shocks. That will give you a better idea of what size bags will fit on your bike.

Also, measure from (approx) the top of your strut cover to the top of the exhaust. You want several inches clearance between the muffler and the bottom of the bag unless you like charred saddlebag.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:03 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Here's those EXACT bags on my Low Rider. They will not clear the shocks on a Low Rider without relocating the turn signals or running supports to push them away from the bike and over the shocks. Maybe a Wide Glide they would fit as W/G's have longer struts (see pics). Also, with in 6 months, the yokes broke and one saddlebag fell off. Now, I overload my bags all the time, and they were overloaded when the broke, but they broke none the less. Now I run real leather bags.

Last edited by bikerlaw; 05-12-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:57 PM
thedonk13
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

save your money!!! i will never buy faux leather again. Had my bags about 3 inches above my mufflers and it still burnt through and ruin some good stuff...but anyways...go here http://www.willieandmax.com/ and find some good bags...i've had my ******* for 2 years now and love em...also, get some EZ brackets, not ghost brackets (they suck ballz)...make yourself some quick disconnect leather bags...spend the extra cash and get REAL leather

Old 05-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

D'oh! Where were yall two days ago? I already ordered them yesterday. :P Well, they sure look great, though! Bikerlaw, what bags do you have now? Does anyone know of any bags the same shape and size but made of real leather?

I need them to carry beer. I hope to fit a 12 pack in each bag (or more) for a camping trip I have scheduled in Oklahoma (Rocklahoma). They have nurfed beer in Oklahoma so I need to bring as much as I can.

I also ordered this from LeatherUP.com. It's also fake leather, but has lots of good reviews.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:09 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

I liked them very much when I got them and even posted a positive review on Jafrums website. They just didn't last because the straps broke. You will find when they arrive they are not zippered or sewn to the yoke, each bag is held to the yokes with two hooks and D-Rings. Thats were mine broke. They simply could not handle the weight I put in them. I would think as long as you know that in advance, you'll be fine. I took for granted they could handle whatever fit in them. I was wrong. If you see my pic below, this was actually taken on the trip that broke them. Its easy to see how I treat my luggage. LOL

Old 05-12-2011, 11:16 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steel Steed
I also ordered this from LeatherUP.com. It's also fake leather, but has lots of good reviews.
I bought that exact set-up from another source. Very cheap looking fake leather and missing one of the studs. The barrel bag has a very small opening. It's just been sitting in the box it came in for the past year and has never been used.

Otherwise, it is an economical way to go and does have some handy and accessible outside pockets. I might use it on a trip, as it does have some storage capacity.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:05 AM
artpe54
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't have saddle bags, but have a SAC bag for my sissy bar. Can't go wrong with SAC, great customer service. They just modified my bag for free to fit my new FXDC.