Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skull Crush helmets-any experience?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If it's not DOT you would have more protection with a bicycle helmet. Even bicyclists know the benefit.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:47 AM
leedawg77
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatscott
What a professional comment coming from a company's online sales manager. Daddy must own the company.
Actually I believe it is her husband, Ralph, that owns the company in the Dallas area. I wish the company would be a little more honest and admit that Headtrip makes their helmets and they are just a reseller. Instead they try to make it look like they manufacture them.

Last edited by leedawg77; 06-05-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:55 AM
leedawg77
6th Gear

Originally Posted by leedawg77
Actually I believe it is her husband, Ralph, that owns the company in the Dallas area. I wish the company would be a little more honest and admit that Headtrip makes their helmets and they are just a reseller. Instead they try to make it look like they manufacture them.
Actually I think a company called Composite Craft makes the helmets for both Headtrip and Skull Crush.

Last edited by leedawg77; 06-05-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:39 AM
NYCFXDC13
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dondee
Hey guys,

I'm trying to find a good helmet that won't emphasize my already way huge melon any more than it already is. Although my head only measures 25" around about the only helmets I can squeeze on are HJC XXX's, and then it looks like a bowling ball sitting on top of another bowling ball. You get the picture.

Anyway the Skull Crush helmets are not actually DOT but the reps do everything but come out and say they're really better than DOT. I was thinking about a 3/4 which they say comes with 3 different size pad sets so it fits anybody.

Anybody know anything about Skull Crush?
hey check my thread on the helmets i found in canada check the site and i'll let you know how the helmet's are once my get's in but from what im seeing and since you have a big head lol as you say there are two different types one for large heads and one for smaller heads the one for larger head's its like model ps4 or something you will see the smallest size for the larger size is like 58cm which is an extra small and the 3 or 4xl is huge so maybe you will find what you are looking for there hope i helped you out check this site bikerleathers.ca

Old 06-06-2012, 10:34 AM
leedawg77
6th Gear

<MESSAGE REMOVED>

**Update** - I did get a refund from them shortly after posting this. Bothers me that I had to fight for it a bit and threaten to post experience on here.

Last edited by leedawg77; 06-06-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:53 PM
NPW
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Gainesville, Fl. and after buying two helmets I hated, decided to ride down to Orlando and pay the people at Composite Craft/ HeadTrip a visit. After reading all the bad stuff about these guys I wanted to check them out for myself because on the website the helmets look fantastic. My Girlfriend and I both left with helmets that WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE. These things look and feel bullet proof. I challenge you to show me a helmet shell this stout. The straps and quick release buckles are 1st rate. The padding feels like that memory foam stuff and, while it may not be DOT, you are gonna be able to take a pretty damn good wallop. This thing is much better than nothing and dare I say better than any DOT shorty/half helmet I've ever seen. It's really BS they have to call this a novelty helmet because it's in a class by itself. BTW they make the helmets right there and fit it for you. And they were friendly as hell. Got a great vibe off these guys as well as a great helmet.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Big Jed
Advanced

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I just got my Iron Horse 3/4 novelty helmet in this weekend. I had a skull crush and loved it but it got stolen a few weeks ago. I was about to buy another one but I was having a hard time dropping that kind of cash and waiting 8 weeks again. So I searched around the internet and found Iron Horse Helmets (http://www.ironhorsehelmets.com/). I called the customer service dept prior to making my purchase and they were extremely nice and helpful so I placed my order and 2 days later I received a great 3/4 novelty helmet that is way more low profile than my skull crush was and at $40 how can you go wrong. The skull crush might have offered more protection but I don't wear novelty helmets for protection so that is not important to me at all. If you are looking for a low profile helmet you can not go wrong with Iron Horse. I promise you will be happy with it and $40 compared to $160 it really is a no brainer. I'll post some pictures soon so you can all see how great it looks.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Steverson
6th Gear

Seriously? A "no brainer"? No pun intended, right?

Old 09-19-2012, 01:58 PM
gezundheit
Stage II
Angry skull crush bogus co.

i hope i'm wrong and will be glad to repost if i am but....i purchased a lid from these folks over 2 months ago and paid hard earned money to them.so far nada i called and emailed them but never heard back from them.when you call them you get a recording which tells you to leave a message and your phone number.it's a complete waste of time,they never call back.in reading this thread,a few of you have said that you actually spoke with a company person and even received a helmet.well i'm still waiting and that old gut of mine is beginning to tell me that something ain't right.i figured,at least you all should know about this and be made aware that skull crush helmet co.may not have your best interests at heart.i will repost as necessary if and when i hear from these folks and better yet,get a helmet that i paid for from them.