Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Smuggler Trunk Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Rolling Meatball of Doom
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin Smuggler Trunk Dyna

http://www.corbin.com/harley/dyna/hdfxd6smug.shtml

Link above so people know what I am talking about.

It looks like nobody has mentioned this trunk after searching for it previously. Anyone have it and/or know anything about it.

I picked one up during Christmas and I'm waiting for it to come in so I can install it. Its very hard to find images of one installed that aren't from the company and I haven't seen anyone on here talk about it.

Opinions are greatly appreciated, any comments about quality / reliability or anything that isn't directly from the manufacturer would be great.

If it helps, I got rid of my passenger seat a long time ago, I don't have any passenger pegs and I have no desire to ride with someone on the back ever.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

That is pretty interesting. When I pick up a Street Glide, I may do this to the Street Bob. If I did it today, the old lady would kick my *** because she wouldn't have anywhere to ride.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:56 PM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,233 Likes on 1,530 Posts

Have not seen that. They did well with the look of it, sorta boat-tail like. Wouldn't mind it myself...'cept the old lady wouldn't have her throne back there...wonder if they'll ever come out with a "padded top" version.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:03 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks good, reminds me of the cafe style racers. my old lady would be totally bummed if i installed one. beside that, I love how she keeps her hands busy hehehehe

Old 01-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Rolling Meatball of Doom
6th Gear

Since this seems to be relatively new, and I guess people haven't seen them yet.

I ordered one already and am waiting for delivery. I'll post up pictures of the process and any problems that I run into along the way.

So far the only draw back that I see is the manufacture time with paint is about 3 weeks. They also seem to have a problem tracking down my order the last 2 times that I have called to verify my order status in the manufacturing process.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey awesome. Looking forward to the pics and review! So they can color match it to your factory paint?

Old 01-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Puffdaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is really SWEET! I like the cafe look a lot. The taillight integration is slick too.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:40 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's got a Corbin price too - $937.

It reminds me of

Last edited by icecaps; 01-18-2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Picture change
Old 03-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Rolling Meatball of Doom
6th Gear

Just a quick update since I posted this.

I moved from Virginia to California so I told Corbin to hold onto it until I get to the warehouse.

The customer service so far has been hit or miss.. I call for an update about every 2 weeks (it is supposed to take 2 weeks to manufacture).

They told me the paint wasn't right last weekend and it should be finished on Saturday.

I am going down this Saturday the 10th for a free install. I will take pictures of my bike before and after, the seat and hopefully I can get some pictures while they are installing it. Look this weekend for a picture update and I'll throw in some pictures of what I can find at Corbin.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rolling Meatball of Doom
Just a quick update since I posted this.

I moved from Virginia to California so I told Corbin to hold onto it until I get to the warehouse.

The customer service so far has been hit or miss.. I call for an update about every 2 weeks (it is supposed to take 2 weeks to manufacture).

They told me the paint wasn't right last weekend and it should be finished on Saturday.

I am going down this Saturday the 10th for a free install. I will take pictures of my bike before and after, the seat and hopefully I can get some pictures while they are installing it. Look this weekend for a picture update and I'll throw in some pictures of what I can find at Corbin.
Nice, can't wait to see it.
With Corbin you get what you pay for. Oh yeah.