Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 04:01 AM
JerryDinMD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet Help

How can I get a helmet that dosnt look HUGE on my head? -I have a full face-fits and looks ok-but half helmet i have looks HUGE-but fits right-i have a medium head size-is it just the brand or what-both are Bell helmets

Old 04-28-2012, 04:31 AM
TGWN
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw a video once about a tribe in Africa that use boards to mold the skull. It takes years but over time you might fit into a x small helmet.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:39 AM
JerryDinMD
Cruiser

sounds like an idea-ill look online and see if i can get a good price for a plane ticket

Old 04-28-2012, 05:00 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

probably should make sure your up to date on your immunizations, let us know how the trip went! Lol

the brand / model has a lot to do with it, non dot helmets are the smallest ones

Old 04-28-2012, 06:29 AM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Google smallest motorcycle helmet dot There are several out there that claim to be the smallest and/or lightest.

Keep in mind that there's no magic here. In order to pass the Snell or DOT test the helmet must absorb X amount of shock without passing it directly along to the skull. Until someone invents some new material, all the manufacturers are dealing with the same physics.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:38 AM
JerryDinMD
Cruiser

yea i saw a post on here after i posted mine about Outlaw helmets-they look smaller-might go with one of them and try it--with the cost of a plane ticket and all the shots id need before going to Africa-i think this is my only way to go

Old 04-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah I know what you mean. I have a HD Jet II and it is a little heavy and it makes me look like captain kazoo. My wife likes it, but I think it is too big and a little heavy. I have the Bell custom 500 in silver flake and thinking about getting one in the gold flake. Then maybe the cagers will think i'm a cop and not cut me off.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:04 AM
trainedkilla
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought a gmax DOT half lid from the dealer when I got my bike and did some modification.

I pulled the liner out, cut the first layer of hard foam out (the part that touches your head, left the layer that lines the helmet) right above the top of the head. I left it double layed on the sides. I sanded the sides and gorilla glued some velcro in there. I sewed some velcro in my liner and reatteched.

The helmet now fits a few inches lower on the head and looks alot better and still has almost all of the safety properties still in tact.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:20 AM
2011FXDC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try the Oulaw from Leatherup. If you don't like it you can send it back, their return policy is great. Make sure you order one that says "Ultra Slim/Low Profile." I just got one after much reading and I was surprised at how small it is. Everyone has their favorite brands but I can't imagine a DOT helmet being smaller. There might be others that are the same size but smaller I doubt.

Don't know exactly where you are in MD but I'm in Harpers Ferry WV. I'd be happy to meet you someday and show you in person if you're not far.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:41 AM
TCooper4653
Road Captain

Here's the link for one of the models 2011FXDC mentioned Low Profile Outlaw.
This is the one I have and ride with it 90% of the time. It is extremely low profile.

Quick Reply: Helmet Help