Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed flush mount gas cap

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 08:28 PM
AmericanSCPO
Default Installed flush mount gas cap

Newly installed Harley Davidson Flush mount gas cap and indicator kit. 2011 Street Bob.

Attached Thumbnails Installed flush mount gas cap-003.jpg  
Old 05-13-2012, 08:31 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the same one! The only thing I'm not crazy about is the gas cap leaves a little for desire in the whole "flush" idea. It seems there is always part of it sticking up. Usually o the inside next to the console, so at least I'm the only one who sees it.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:40 PM
AmericanSCPO

Sounds like we have the same problem, except I rotated it the other way so it sticks up on the outside toward the tank. Still looks pretty well I think. Pretty expensive upgrade.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:01 PM
2011FXDC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it. How accurate is the the fuel guage and does it stay lit like that all the time ?

Old 05-13-2012, 09:12 PM
AmericanSCPO

I just installed it today, but this is the first time I've ever seen a full tank reading and my mileage till empty is correct 185 miles. If you get it a little caution on the instructions either my bike is wired incorrectly or the directions are wrong. Took me a couple hours to figure that out but it works now.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:24 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by AmericanSCPO
Sounds like we have the same problem, except I rotated it the other way so it sticks up on the outside toward the tank. Still looks pretty well I think. Pretty expensive upgrade.
Yeah that really is the only reason so much money and it doesn't quite fit. They are on to stay regardless flush mount get it? LOL

I like it. How accurate is the the fuel guage and does it stay lit like that all the time ?
the lights go out as the fuel goes down. when I have about 3/4 of a gallon left i have one remaining light that stays on til almost empty. In canada we are metric (not by choice) One time it was dark and I'm way out in the woods on a small highway and that last light disappeared just as I found a service station and I filled up 19.3 litres of a 20 litre tank. whew that was a close one. so ya it does actually work well. + i have a 2" tank lift.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 PM
AmericanSCPO

Thats a sharp looking bike Maddghost, nice exhaust.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:43 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

looks good, i have the same problem with mine but its close...the lights are pretty close to accurate also but i watch my milleage anyways...lets see some pics of your fairing?

Old 05-13-2012, 09:44 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member

Thank you! Damn I love her too! That exhaust is a bub7 2:1 great power maker, loud as f..k when you get on it! Yet quiet enough at idle not to attract too much unwanted attention.that is until I had the big bore kit with stage II cams done, then it was incredibly loud! So i bought a supertrapp2:1, guess I should get a new photo.

I love that pipe, that's why I can't sell it , in case some day I say fu.k the cops and the tickets i'll just be careful <--- that's how I get tickets.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:58 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been eye balling that and a Dakota Digital speedo for a while. Looks good.

Quick Reply: Installed flush mount gas cap