Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ebay bike-true Harley bobber?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 12:56 AM
Original Junior
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay bike-true Harley bobber?

So they called the "Street Bob" a "*** Bob"; Harley's poor attempt at building a bobber. Yet this is their version of a bobber? WTF? What some people will do to sell their bikes! However, I do like the springer front end.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...75957442QQrdZ1

Old 01-19-2007, 12:59 AM
steelcowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ebay bike-true Harley bobber?

Looks alot like a Bob to me just with some old man tires and a cheaper looking trim package. I'm with you though I do like the Springer front end I've thought about doing myself but just can't commit

Old 01-19-2007, 01:15 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Sad that he has to take a swipe at HD to sell his POS........[:'(]

Old 01-19-2007, 03:38 AM
haksaw
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to somewhat agree with this part:

"Absolutely one of a kind! You saw it here first. We built our own version of the new Street Bob. The factory Street Bob "Bobber" is Harley's sad atttempt at a factory Bobber. A bobber has always been taking a factory bike and bobbing/Chopping it, making it unique, and having something different. The absolute opposite of what the EDIT, sorry I mean Street Bob is. "

However I don't see how theirs is anymore a bobber than HD's version. They added a bling front wheel, still have signals etc I don't see too much chopped off.

IMHO HD built a great bike when they built the FXDBI...too bad they called it a street bob. I'm literally embarassed everytime someone asks 'what do you ride?' I usually just say a dyna. Flat paint doesn't make it a bobber.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:39 AM
CobraSnake
Cruiser

yeah i saw this to and the first thing i thought was man this guy sure is cocky i surely hope he really doesnt think he is the first to make a bober with a springer front end started to send him a message with a link to our forum so he could see the botm which i think is nicer.

lol man some people know how to strike a nerve what a percocious bastid

well i couldnt help myself sent him an email with link to january bike of the month lol

Old 01-19-2007, 07:44 AM
CobraSnake
Cruiser

yeah i agree what hell was harley thinking naming such a cool bike a street bob what a buncha smacktards. 10 to one says some office yuppie named it. lol people give me a funny look when i tell them i have a street bob which i follow with its harley's version of an old school bobber I think ill just start telling people its a dyna lol
ORIGINAL: haksaw

"Absolutely one of a kind! You saw it here first. We built our own version of the new Street Bob. The factory Street Bob "Bobber" is Harley's sad atttempt at a factory Bobber. A bobber has always been taking a factory bike and bobbing/Chopping it, making it unique, and having something different. The absolute opposite of what the EDIT, sorry I mean Street Bob is. "

However I don't see how theirs is anymore a bobber than HD's version. They added a bling front wheel, still have signals etc I don't see too much chopped off.

IMHO HD built a great bike when they built the FXDBI...too bad they called it a street bob. I'm literally embarassed everytime someone asks 'what do you ride?' I usually just say a dyna. Flat paint doesn't make it a bobber.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:59 AM
steelcowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually WillieG named this one this as per my research was one of his pet projects he was looking for a nostalgic spin off of a bobber. I don't see how it doesn't fit the basic profile for a bobber true that they are all the same at purchase but if anyones looked around here they are a factory bike which is modifyed. No they don't have whitewalls and round tailights ets but thqat are personal taste i bought mine becasue it was black all black and I like it I don't think that they're is a cookie cutter set of rules for any bike and I like that

Old 01-19-2007, 10:37 AM
glide05
Road Warrior

........ I don't see too much chopped off.
Well - they did chop off one thing - the speedo.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:45 AM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

You guys care to much what other's think, IMHO....

The springer front-end is badass. Ditch the whitewalls, and go with a different paint choice for me though....

I personally prefer the silver drivetrain. I think it's a nice scooter. Very well done. His opinion, is just that, his OPINION. I've had people rag on my Superglide. Oh well, don't really care. I ride it for me.

Joe
[&:]

Old 01-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Bear64
Banned

Hacksaw your so right, most people would not know a real bobber if it rode into bike nite..the true bobber was just a old bike that had the front fender removed, then he chopped off the rear fender and maybe installed a different tail-light, then off with the clutch rocker, mostly the front tire was left stock, then they found ford raidis rods, welded them on the springer front end and started to make them longer, and there is where we lost the bobber, it now became a chopper, most 21 inch front wheels that the guys used didn't even have street tires for them, used knobbie tires off of dirt bikes.. as far as I'm concerned the harley bodder is closer to a Harley chopper then a true bobber..just one old timers thoughts on the bobber..if you want the bobber look you will really have to go a long way and spend a lot of money to change the harley bobber to look like one..on the other hand, do some research and build your own..I have seen some of them done really nice, course you have to leave some chrome off, cause that was one thing that most true Bobbers didn't have was chrome..in them days money was to hard to come by to waste it on chrome..

Quick Reply: ebay bike-true Harley bobber?