Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neutral Safety Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 06:57 PM
DevilDawg1
Cruiser

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by FXDWG12
My WG has a kick stand feature. Just give her the gas and the kick stand pops right up. Lol
Years ago I had a bike like that. When you turn left hang on tight.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Ya not on my 2012 FXDWG. Just turn the switch and push th GO button.
Yes it does. Go around to the front of the bike and pull the clutch lever in. That little rubber covered switch is it. When the lever is pulled it completes the circuit. Otherwise, if you hit the starter in gear the bike would jump out from underneath you like my old Super Glide.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:34 PM
jackstrr
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

just what we need ... more safety ****. why not just not hit the start button untill you want to go?

Old 02-13-2013, 05:15 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jackstrr
just what we need ... more safety ****. why not just not hit the start button untill you want to go?
Because some dumbass sued HD for his bike falling over when he hit the starter with the bike in gear.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 AM
rasmukri
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Glad my bike doesn't have this. I mean how would one bump start a bike if one cannot fire up the bike in gear?

Old 02-13-2013, 09:00 AM
roadster02
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when

What year did the MOCo start adding this "safety" crap on the bikes?

Old 02-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rasmukri
Glad my bike doesn't have this. I mean how would one bump start a bike if one cannot fire up the bike in gear?
You can bump start it. The starter motor just won't turn over. Nowdays, with fuel injection, if the battery is dead a bump start won't keep the bike running if it does fire it.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 AM
FXDWG12
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilDawg1
Years ago I had a bike like that. When you turn left hang on tight.
Ya I'm just not "fealin" the kick stand ( jiffy stand, whatever! ) on this bike. The stand drags the ground with the bike sitting level. For me it makes it harder to move the bike around the garage. I actually have to sit on the bike. Raise the stand. Relocate the bike to where I want. Drop the stand and dismount the bike. If your standing beside the bike, you have to tilt her past verticle to raise the stand. I don't feal comfortable doing that. So if you forget and leave the stand down, as long as you start off going straight, the stand will raise itself.

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
Yes it does. Go around to the front of the bike and pull the clutch lever in. That little rubber covered switch is it. When the lever is pulled it completes the circuit. Otherwise, if you hit the starter in gear the bike would jump out from underneath you like my old Super Glide.
Ya I didn't mean to say that it didn't. I'm just don't have the ***** to try it.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Ya I'm just not "fealin" the kick stand ( jiffy stand, whatever! ) on this bike. The stand drags the ground with the bike sitting level. For me it makes it harder to move the bike around the garage. I actually have to sit on the bike. Raise the stand. Relocate the bike to where I want. Drop the stand and dismount the bike. If your standing beside the bike, you have to tilt her past verticle to raise the stand. I don't feal comfortable doing that. So if you forget and leave the stand down, as long as you start off going straight, the stand will raise itself.

Ya I didn't mean to say that it didn't. I'm just don't have the ***** to try it.
Sorry. I misunderstood. I wouldn't be standing alongside a bike and tipping it away from me either. That sounds like a good way to drop it.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:18 PM
crazyanimal
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilDawg1
Will you bike crank in gear without the clutch pulled in?

No,if your bike is in gear and you don't pull in the clutch the bike won't do anything.

Quick Reply: Neutral Safety Switch?