Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H FP3 review

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 10:34 PM
jpdchicago
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, correct. 110 and SE255 cams, but this is considered stock for that model and the fp3 map was tuned for that. All Touring CVOs for 2014 have the 255s I believe. It took a while for V&H to release these maps but they did a great job. What I do not know is whether they will release maps with after market cams.

Old 05-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Kazz
Advanced
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by glock35
Well I finally gave up on the FP3. I worked with V&H for quite awhile trying to get it sorted out and after the last attempt, I told them I was done. I loved the canned map and it made a definite improvement over the Harley stage one download. After I modded my baffles the canned map wasn't quite right and one of the main features I bought this for was the Bluetooth auto tune feature to fix small issues like I had after the baffle mod.
They were OK with refunding my money, although they are going to refund the dealer and then I have to get my money from the dealer. They really wanted me to continue to try and work it out, but I just told them I was done and he said he understood. They emailed me a UPS label while we were on the phone. Hopefully they get the bugs sorted out, the product really does sound good, just isn't fully functional yet.
I was having a problem with auto tune not learning any cells ( iPhone app.)

Installed the latest update and it is working great so far. 1.5 hrs of rideing and it's learned 33% of needed cells. Bike is running even better than before.

I installed cycleshack baffles in my SeSp slip ons. Feels like the auto tune is working as advertised ( fine tuning to my setup)

Old 05-18-2014, 03:37 PM
glock35
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Kazz

Installed the latest update and it is working great so far. 1.5 hrs of rideing and it's learned 33% of needed cells. Bike is running even better than before.

I installed cycleshack baffles in my SeSp slip ons. Feels like the auto tune is working as advertised ( fine tuning to my setup)
I tried the latest updates to both the app and firmware, that's when things went really wrong, my whole electrical system started freaking out! Once I was able to get the stock map flashed, the electrical system immediately stopped freaking out. I really wish the auto tune function would have worked for me, I loved the FP3 otherwise.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:39 PM
rdss
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Kazz

That's reassuring, I'm still hesitant to run the auto tune feature even though I should since the map is for V&H slip ons and a high flow intake and I'm still running the stock intake and filter.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:37 PM
Kazz
Advanced

Quik update.
I just finished my auto tune today. I have had it in auto tune for alittle over a tank full.

The whole process went pretty smooth. It did sputter a little on first take off, when cold, each morning but other than that it went well.

I waited till all cells where green from 2100 rpm to 4500 rpm ( the range that I ride in).
There where a few orange blocks in the very low and very high range. But I would have really really had to try to get them green and it wasn't worth it to me. Wouldn't use that area anyway.

So I was able to do a successful auto tune and I am very pleased with the results. The bike is running really smooth and stronger than ever.