Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Blown Engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 07:41 AM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

Looks like a bad fit to start

Old 12-09-2018, 09:44 AM
screamingeagleeyes
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

The bearing didn't seize but did break up a bit. The dealer mechanic that dis-assembled the engine says there is damage in other places but I'm still trying to see it.
Crank sensor full of metal?? Transmission shaft damaged?? one shift fork damaged?? All gears damaged from metal going through?? I don't see this but I'm not a mechanic either, especially for this engine. I would sure like to get a bit of $ out of this bike and trying to decide how is all. I don't think I can put this engine back together myself.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:23 AM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,706 Likes on 1,987 Posts

Originally Posted by screamingeagleeyes
The bearing didn't seize but did break up a bit. The dealer mechanic that dis-assembled the engine says there is damage in other places but I'm still trying to see it.
Crank sensor full of metal?? Transmission shaft damaged?? one shift fork damaged?? All gears damaged from metal going through?? I don't see this but I'm not a mechanic either, especially for this engine. I would sure like to get a bit of $ out of this bike and trying to decide how is all. I don't think I can put this engine back together myself.
I'd start by asking the mechanic at the dealership that has it apart. Get a detailed quote. If it's outrageous, find a local indy and price the same work with him.

Until you get an actual number, you're just speculating.