Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Harley 135se vs built motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 11:44 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,198 Likes on 895 Posts

Gotta love it when a plan comes together, tho! Look forward to seeing this monster!
My ex gf has had a blow & go for 5 years! Still does. Use to **** me off cuz I'd go start her car in the sub zero weather and couldn't go back inside and let it warm up. You'd have to blow periodically and if you weren't in it to blow when it demanded you too, you were fk'd. Off goes the engine and you were locked out and paying $75 for a violation to reset it.
​​​​Be fun to tear up the big river in that boat too I bet.

​​​​

Last edited by 60Gunner; 02-10-2024 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-10-2024, 08:12 AM
Phishphan
Intermediate
Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 60Gunner
Gotta love it when a plan comes together, tho! Look forward to seeing this monster!
My ex gf has had a blow & go for 5 years! Still does. Use to **** me off cuz I'd go start her car in the sub zero weather and couldn't go back inside and let it warm up. You'd have to blow periodically and if you weren't in it to blow when it demanded you too, you were fk'd. Off goes the engine and you were locked out and paying $75 for a violation to reset it.
​​​​Be fun to tear up the big river in that boat too I bet.

​​​​
Man this is spot on. I’ve told my ol lady the thing I’m gonna enjoy the most when I get my DL back is using my key start when it’s cold. I just locked the truck out the other day started it and went inside set my timer on my phone for 6 mins. Well the timer didn’t go off and the damn thing asked for a sample. Almost there court date is set for 3-27-24 then I’ll have to wait for them to decide to mail me my reinstatement letter. Can’t freaking wait

its sad to say but since I turned 16 I’ve had a legal DL for a total of 3 years I’m 46 now.

Old 02-10-2024, 10:31 AM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,198 Likes on 895 Posts

She got 2 more violations because I unhooked her battery to put a new one in day after Christmas last year! Fk, I didn't know that was a no no.
I wonder if they realize just what a distraction and safety issue it is fumbling for that thing, reading the screen, and blowing in it is going down the road at 70mph.
I guess not as much as her 2 OWIs in a week, hitting a parked car, and leaving the scene in an attempt to avoid another OWI but damn I found it a big distraction just taking her car to the gas station in town.

I lost my DL for 5 years when I was 17 for being an habitual offender. 3 OWIs, 2 driving after revocation, and 2 fleeing an officer. They hate that fleeing and ya can't outrun those radios.
I grew up in a hick town and once they got your number, you're fk'd.
One cop in town, driving a big block Pontiac wagon with a stretcher in the back, but he knew everyone especially me and my 65 GTO. He would see me coming, whip a u-turn, and the chase was on. He'd never catch me but he'd be waiting by my house when I got home.
I'd get out of my car and walk over to get in his. lol
He'd take me downtown, book me, and drop me off at home.
I swear it broke up his boring job back then and he enjoyed the chase. Do that **** now days and you're staring down a few barrels.

Last edited by 60Gunner; 02-10-2024 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-08-2024, 07:05 PM
Phishphan
Intermediate

Sorry gunner I didnt realize you commented. Or I would of responded sooner. Yes the disconecting the device from the battery is a no no. How stupid. I always report my maintance when someone else is working on my trucks. Just to covver my ***. The biggest distraction for me is when im plowing snow and salting lots been in the truck for 48 hrs straight and that damn thing goes off every 15 mins. Im trying to get **** done watch for people other vehicles and i have to blow im supprised i havent hit something. Its sad to say i was hell on wheels growing up. I grew up **** poor couldnt even afford a TV till i was in 4th grade. But one thing i regreat is all the dumb **** i did driving way to fast doing wheelies and burn outs running from the cops on 4 wheelers snowmobiles motercycles cars you name it i drove it like i stole it thats for sure. I never got caught running from them I guess Ive been lucky every time. But did get to many tickets lost DL reckless driving lost DL and 3 DUIs . Im 46 now and havent had a DL in 22YRS and truth be told if i counted up the time i had a DL since i was 16 i would its less then 3 years.

Update Parts are coming in bike is with Dave Dupor in chicago thing 4-6 weeks but honestly dont care if i get back till after i get my DL back so im not even tempted to ride the bike.

Last edited by Phishphan; 03-08-2024 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-26-2024, 05:43 PM
Phishphan
Intermediate

Update

Bike will be getting ready for install end of this week or next. Still waiting on Rebuffini and fork tubes. Everything else is in. Thinking 3 weeks I will have her back. Got one of the seats today went with a road sofa with back rest and waitinf on tour pack pad. This seat will be for when my wife rides with me. Considering buying a saddleman step up for solo riding.

So go tomorrow for hearing about getting DL reinstated. Could take up to 3 months to get my letter in the mail so I can go get my DL hoping it dont take that long.

Leaving 1am thursday morning for Oliver Springs TN going to ride SXS in the mountains for a week at Windrock Park. So that will kil some time while i wait for everything to get done bike DL letter. Imm super excited cant freaking wait. 22 years since i been able to legally ride a bike 7 years since i owned one.

Old 04-15-2024, 08:56 PM
Phishphan
Intermediate

Update

Dave Dupor DD custom cycles has started on the bike build. Waiting on a few things to get here should be here this week. Getting closer. Went to court that seem to go really well. should have my letter soon from them.

Should have the bike back one to two weeks this nice weather is killing me. But no DL yet so probably a good thing the bike isn’t finished yet.

well the trip to Windrock was a complete **** show. I sheered a lower ball joint off. And was working on the top ball joint which was mega Keller so if runs a sxs you know they don’t just break. So managed to ride 75 miles the first day and 22 the second day before breaking. Repaired buggy on the trail limped back to camp tore the front apart fixed ball joints and adjusted suspension. Still didn’t fix the problem so reall didn’t ride much after that. Finally got on the phone with The company that made my a-arms and basically the a-arms are the root cause they have the ball joints bound up with out cycling the suspension. Atleast L&W is buying them back. On the bright side of things my cabin had amazing views and I wasn’t working and the weather was absolutely amazing!

Last edited by Phishphan; 04-16-2024 at 12:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Bayou FLHR-M8-128" (04-15-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 06:44 PM
Phishphan
Intermediate

Bike is coming along have few things that won’t be here till next week. Should have it back by May 1st.

Old 04-24-2024, 10:56 PM
Phishphan
Intermediate

Getting closer front end and stereo a few small things left to do. Plus sending some things to get powdered.

Last edited by Phishphan; 04-24-2024 at 10:58 PM.
strokelessone (04-29-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 08:20 PM
Phishphan
Intermediate

Just about done stereo and a few small things left have a 2 day major golf tournament this weekend so hoping next weekend she is in my garage.

Old 05-07-2024, 10:51 PM
Bayou FLHR-M8-128"
Supporter
Received 522 Likes on 341 Posts

Hmmmmm, all that beautiful blue and you don't have the S&S anodized blue cam plate to be seen thru the see thru cam cover.... all the beauty that "could" be seen...😱
🤣

Joking of course but maybe to add to your list...

Looking GREAT!👍

Phishphan (05-09-2024)

Quick Reply: Harley 135se vs built motor