EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Paris is biker nuts

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 05:27 PM
aaamax
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Paris is biker nuts

I have never seen anything like it. Skinny kids and woman in heels and old men in suits flying by me on their little euro scooters (mopeds from hell). These guys zig and zag like no crotch rocketeer I have ever seen in traffic. They ALL split lanes to get the pole position at the light. Keep in mind that this is all on these monster sized boulevards where the flippin' drivers are all blind or drunk or both. This is the most aggressive biking I have ever seen in a city period. The number of bikes (if you can call mopeds bikes) is staggering. I'd say about 20-25% of vehicles are two wheeled motorized. Hell, the regular bicyclists are nuts! I'm just so glad I have loud SE pipes to help keep some of these mosquitoes out of my lane.
The weather has been real warm and yes, I was the ONLY one wearing leathers. Not to mention the only other HDs are 883s. I wonder what the ER looks like everyday.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,585 Likes on 3,074 Posts

Well that's a cager populace that has to pay attention to motorcyclists...

Old 06-01-2012, 09:08 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wife and I have been over to Italy twice now, third time this coming fall, been to the Amalphi Coast , Sorrento, Florence , Pescara and every place we went Scooters are the family vehicle and they all drive like there's no tomorrow.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:14 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by RidemyEVO
Wife and I have been over to Italy twice now, third time this coming fall, been to the Amalphi Coast , Sorrento, Florence , Pescara and every place we went Scooters are the family vehicle and they all drive like there's no tomorrow.
We will be back in Italy this July as well. In Rome several years ago my wife and I were chased off the sidewalk and up into a doorway as a group of scooters avoided congestion by taking the sidewalk. I am not brave enough to ride in that traffic.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:40 AM
aaamax
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
We will be back in Italy this July as well. In Rome several years ago my wife and I were chased off the sidewalk and up into a doorway as a group of scooters avoided congestion by taking the sidewalk. I am not brave enough to ride in that traffic.
Yep. A friend of mine said that I should avoid the city at all costs. He was right. The motorways are great, but damn the inner city. I thought I had ***** 'cause I can do NYC and L.A. But nooooooooooooo. That is civilized next to this Parisian stuff. The chicks are sure hot though. But trying to sneak peeks while the OL is on back and scooter trash trying prove their manliness is a no win situation... lol.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Cleetussnow
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check Thailand.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:34 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

You'd get used to it faster than you think.If you're in Rome on the 6-7-8 there's the "Run of the Capital" sponsored by one of the Chapters here ,the "Forum Roma Chapter".Not to be missed ,you could also rent a bike from them.For more info visit their website forumromachapter.it.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

try Cairo and Cali, Colombia, and Guatemala!!

Old 06-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 83 Posts

Well my Evo friend Aaamax, you have never been to Brazil. Sao Paulo is the biggest city in all of SA and it is littered with motorcycles. They will never think to NOT split lanes. Although they are more respectful of the machine than say the Thai. Siamese families are on 49cc mopeds, in this order; toddler on dad's lap, kid, mom and a baby on mo'm's back. It is nuts.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:59 AM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I can't imagine July in Italy,. last year in Florence at theend of August it was 42.

Last edited by RidemyEVO; 06-02-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Paris is biker nuts