Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

CFR pipes

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 02:40 PM
clayshooterwv
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CFR pipes

After a lot of reading and hearing CFR's, I made the investment and bought a set for my 2014 Street Glide Special. Tuned them up with V&H true duals. Sounds great but have what I consider a major issue. Within 6 months of owning them, the chrome started peeling off the tips pretty bad. Contacted CFR. They sent loaner pipes while they fixed the issue. Said their supplier who chromed the tips did some bad work and they have switched suppliers. Now, a year later the tips are peeling again. It is about impossible to get in touch with someone at CFR now. Waiting for a call back or e-mail response to see if they are going to do anything or not. May have to find a local chrome shop to fix them.
Love the sound but to me the quality is more important. For the price, the quality is not there.
Is there anyone else out there who is having the same issue?

Old 04-12-2017, 09:12 AM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

PM me, I sell CFR mufflers and have only had one set out of 50+ have chrome issues. It happens to be the last set I bought and sold, I would like to discuss this further via pm...

Old 04-17-2017, 09:05 PM
Max-T
Advanced

I bought a set last summer one of my tips is starting to peel. Just notice it this past weekend. Did you have any luck getting in touch with some one @ CFR?

Old 04-19-2017, 10:02 AM
clayshooterwv
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Max-T
I bought a set last summer one of my tips is starting to peel. Just notice it this past weekend. Did you have any luck getting in touch with some one @ CFR?
I finally did get a reply back from after two weeks. They said they have been having issues for the past two years with various chrome suppliers who have been doing the tips. Supposedly, they said they finally found someone and results have been good. They said they would fix but right now they don't have any loaners to send out so it will take time. I am in the process of getting them fixed myself because it's riding season and I don't want crappy looking pipes. Having mine ceramic coated.