Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Question about slips-on and Thundermax

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:20 PM
floridamk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about slips-on and Thundermax

I am currently running Thundermax autotune, screaming eagle slip-ons, D&amp\\;D true duals, and a Zippers air cleaner. My question is: Can&nbsp\\;I replace the slip-ons with stock and the Auto tune will recognize this and adjust as needed?
&nbsp\\;
Thanks

Old 06-19-2008, 07:33 PM
mcouture
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts
Default RE: Question about slips-on and Thundermax

Never tried going to back to stock pipes with the T-max but the Autotune will adjust up to 20% from your installed map(default settings).&nbsp\\;

I'm running map #415 and it is a map for different pipes than I have installed.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; The T-max has adjusted just fine in this case.

Worse case is the bike will "probably" just run a bit rich.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:47 PM
floridamk
Tourer

thought I would try it out and let the neighbors sleep in a little longer in the mornings

Old 06-26-2008, 03:29 AM
Spanish Flyer
Tourer

It works both ways, because I tried.....
Installed a set of Rinehart mufflers&nbsp\\;on my FXDC07 Dyna and after about 100 miles of riding and selftuning with the TMax&nbsp\\;I had no option but to return to original because my neighbours hens layed no more eggs and the cows run out of milk (I live in the countryside as you might have guessed).
The bike run fine, but would not pull as hard as before over 4K which is only natural.....[:@]&nbsp\\;so I went for a set of Screamin'Eagles (the new ones with an extra&nbsp\\;hole done on the flat end of the baffle 3/4" burned out with an electrode!). RESULT: Plenty noise without going crazy, bottom-medium-high up and power curve smooth all the way and that in less than a week and without fiddling with the map .
I'm trying to do the same with my 110 CVO Springer 08, but not as simple\\; get popping and also need to use my "surgical" welding machine to open a bigger hole in the baffle because over 5K my power curve flattens out [:'(]
&nbsp\\;
Anyway the fact is that TMax will adapt itself to the new environment all by itself.
&nbsp\\;
BR,
Spanish Flyer