Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Basic SERT Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 256 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Basic SERT Questions

I have some basic SERT questions.

1) Can maps be uploaded to the SERT in a simliar way to the PCIII
2) Is there a place where I can find a library of MAPS to choose from for my combo?
3) Related to #2 above, if no - does anyone sell SERT maps?
4) Are ECM downloads (like the stage 1 ECM flash) still needed if I will run a SERT?

I have an '07 Road Glide with SE A/C and a Bassani Road Rage I will need a MAP for soon.

Thanks

Old 03-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Basic SERT Questions

A1) Yes

A2) The library of maps is on the data disc that accompanies your kit, along with the Users Manual, Data Mode and Tuning Mode software....

A3) Yes, there are people that sell SERT maps, but why would you buy a map from someone that you don't know, and it be "Unproven" for your particular build.... You are better off using a Base Map off of the disc and building it from there....

A4) NO.....

My sugg would be to go with a Stage 1 SEAC and Race Exh for the Touring Platform, as the only difference is that you have 1 muffler, vice 2....

Old 03-08-2007, 01:49 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 256 Likes on 162 Posts

Thanks Bob. I am assuming your suggestion is to go with the MAP for a Stage 1 SEAC and Race Exh for the Touring Platform, not to actually go with the Race Exh as opposed to the Road Rage.

Just to be clear, I wasn't looking for a MAP as a final solution, just something to get it close through break in until I can get it in for a complete dyno tune. I have a really good tuner (Latus motors) in my backyard, so that will be my final solution.

Thanks again for responding.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:32 PM
hounddog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im farliy new to the forum and have a few questions. first off i have a 05 fxdci and i love it. i have put on a s&s ac as well as there slip-ons, it came as a kit from dennis kirk. my prob is the catolog stated nothing about remappin in the 05 catalog but i got the new 06 (yes its dated i have the 07 now!) and it states that remapping is required!!! damn it all to hell the no remapping was what attracted me to this setup. anyway ive done 30k since and she seems to run fine but i think shes a little lean. the plugs look a little lighter than i think they should be, but at the time of the switch the front plug was not burning complete so it was gettin build up and i was changing them alot. the mech. said it was prob an injector stickin. but thats not the case anymore. i live in az and the heat is gettin ready to turn up so i want to get a SERT and a program, probably a stage 1 will be sufficant cuz no other motor mods will be takin place for awhile. bla bla bla finally my question....."wheres the best price and or place to pick up a sert and does it come with programs?? i see alot of peeps ask for prog. here and maybe someone could send me a good one too!!! that way when i get the sert i'll be set. please help the EFI-newby out!!!! thanks in advance