Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

PROBLEMS VIEWING IMAGES OR PMs

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 10:19 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts
Default PROBLEMS VIEWING IMAGES OR PMs

Originally Posted by Patrick

Hello,
As some of you surely know, weve been getting spammers who join and never post but send out a ton of spam through the PM system and for a change, it isnt another forum.

We have made some usergroup alterations so that new members cannot get to the areas where these spammers are causing problems..mainly uploaded files (pictures) and the PM system.

NEW MEMBERS WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO PICTURES OR PMs UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN AN ACTIVE MEMBER FOR FIVE DAYS AND FIVE POSTS.

Ive been going through the complaints today in this section about not being able to access PMs or pictures and I see that almost every person with a problem has made less than 5 posts, or theyve been here for less than five days. This is why a great many of the people having the problem later post "nevermind..it works now".

If you are having these problems and you have less than five posts and less than five days on the forum...nothing is wrong. If youve been inactive for a long time, welcome back...post around the forum a little and when the system upgrades usergroups (usually later in the evening) you should be promoted.

If any of you have been here for more than five days and more than five posts (dont assume..make sure), please post in this section with a link to the thread with the pictures that you cannot see.

Reminder, HD Forums rules do not allow posting meaningless posts in order to boost your post count. So don't post 5 messages here so you can view images. They will be removed and your post count reset.

Thank you for your time and patience while we deal with the spam issues.

The following users liked this post:
MBenbrook (04-13-2023)
Old 05-06-2014, 03:17 PM
RobbyH
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it more than 5 posts or at least 5 posts?

EDIT - doesn't matter I guess because I can not see any pictures - including one that I added to a post myself

Bob

Old 05-06-2014, 03:49 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

You may have to wait a day after you get 5 posts. The system doesn't update instantaneously.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:44 PM
Drewski1220
Novice

does this work for the user cp button as well? any thread i am in or have created does not show up in my usercp when a new post is there.

and what is the rule for posting in the classifieds? how many days?

Old 05-07-2014, 10:48 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

The rules for posting in the Classified section are posted in the Classified section.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:44 AM
Drewski1220
Novice

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
The rules for posting in the Classified section are posted in the Classified section.
found it. was not going to the main classified section before, was going straight to sportsters where there were no rules.

what about the fact that im not seeing updated threads in the usercp? any sarcastic response for that?

Old 05-09-2014, 03:02 PM
Johngo
6th Gear

Does this 5 post, 5 day criteria apply to the sig and profile pics as well?

Thx.

Johngo

Old 05-09-2014, 06:25 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewski1220
found it. was not going to the main classified section before, was going straight to sportsters where there were no rules.

what about the fact that im not seeing updated threads in the usercp? any sarcastic response for that?
When a person joins there are certain rules that they have to read and sign before they can be a member. There are also rules posted in various sections of this forum for those that want to take the time and search for them. You asked a question and I answered, if you feel that it was sarcastic, that is of no importance to me.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:57 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Ok, this is not the place for an argument. It ends now.

The following users liked this post:
lowflight (07-16-2017)
Old 05-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Drewski1220
Novice

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
When a person joins there are certain rules that they have to read and sign before they can be a member. There are also rules posted in various sections of this forum for those that want to take the time and search for them. You asked a question and I answered, if you feel that it was sarcastic, that is of no importance to me.
whatever man. was just looking for help.

so can one of you mods please inform me why i cannot see subscribed threads.

Quick Reply: PROBLEMS VIEWING IMAGES OR PMs