Fuel Moto / Jackpot Mufflers USA's leader in EFI tuning and exhaust systems.

PCV and 2007 touring

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Pezz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCV and 2007 touring

Just a quick question. I don't see a listing on Power Commander's website for a PCV for 2007 touring. My buddy just picked one up from you a few weeks back. I mentioned this at my local HD dealer who jumped right on my statement saying PC does not make the PCV for 2007 touring. I responded that my buddy recently purchased one from Fuel moto. His response was that you are using a PCV designed for a different model and that if it quit working Power Commander would not honor the warrenty since is was not being used for the model it was intended for.

I am assuming that with most things I hear from dealer it is only partly true, can you enlighten me as to how the PVC works for 2007 touring? I currently have the SE pro super tuner and I am really unhappy with it and want to purchase the PCV.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Old 08-18-2010, 01:19 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Pezz
Just a quick question. I don't see a listing on Power Commander's website for a PCV for 2007 touring. My buddy just picked one up from you a few weeks back. I mentioned this at my local HD dealer who jumped right on my statement saying PC does not make the PCV for 2007 touring. I responded that my buddy recently purchased one from Fuel moto. His response was that you are using a PCV designed for a different model and that if it quit working Power Commander would not honor the warrenty since is was not being used for the model it was intended for.

I am assuming that with most things I hear from dealer it is only partly true, can you enlighten me as to how the PVC works for 2007 touring? I currently have the SE pro super tuner and I am really unhappy with it and want to purchase the PCV.

Thanks in advance,

Brian
Yes, we offer a PC-V for the 2007 bike and we offer a 2 year warranty, Dynojet will support the product as well. There is much more info on the PC-V and how it works on our website and if you have a specific question on a feature of function you are welcome to contact us or send us an email. Because you have the SE Super Tuner installed I would generally recommend working with what you already have as it works well as long it is tuned properly, however if you are set on changing to the PC-V the standard PC maps are not going to work properly as the base tune has been changed and for best results I would recommend reflashing the ECM to the stock calibration.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 08-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Pezz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Jamie, I figured it out after going and reading the website (duh!) I'm looking at getting away from the HD as I don't agree with the way they sell and use the tuners they have. Customer support is less than stellar.

Thanks for your help.