General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Fines are strictly for public safety.
13.87%
Fines have little to do with safety and a lot to do with money!
35.77%
Fines are mostly about money but safety is still an issue
50.36%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Are speeding tickets all about the money?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 12:42 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Are speeding tickets all about the money?

ORIGINAL: MR. SCOOTINN

ORIGINAL: New2Harley

Yup....and just so you don't think I am a hypocrit....I got nailed last year goin 76 in a 60. He didn't care that I was a LEO, and I didn't argue the ticket. He did his job, and I got the ticket I deserved. $126.00....dammit[:@]
ok...now let see if you can answer a question honestly...how many violations or criminal actions have you been able to get out of because you are a leoor your family members?
NO Criminal actions, as I haven't committed any, NOR have my family members, and quite frankly I'm insulted that you asked.

Tickets for family members? ONE (maybe). Wife got nailed by a trooper a few years back....he knew her, as he and the rest of the nite shift ate in the restaurant she worked at. Did he let her off with a warning cuz he knew her from the restaurant, or because he knew me? Don't know, and I didn't ask him.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:54 AM
MR. SCOOTINN
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: MR. SCOOTINN

Yup....and just so you don't think I am a hypocrit....I got nailed last year goin 76 in a 60. He didn't care that I was a LEO, and I didn't argue the ticket. He did his job, and I got the ticket I deserved. $126.00....dammit[:@]
ok...now let see if you can answer a question honestly...how many violations or criminal actions have you been able to get out of because you are a leoor your family members?
NO Criminal actions, as I haven't committed any, NOR have my family members, and quite frankly I'm insulted that you asked.

Tickets for family members? ONE (maybe). Wife got nailed by a trooper a few years back....he knew her, as he and the rest of the nite shift ate in the restaurant she worked at. Did he let her off with a warning cuz he knew her from the restaurant, or because he knew me? Don't know, and I didn't ask him.
do not be insulted..just a question thier are alot of cops out thier that break the law weather in is domestic violince to takeing the drug dealers money on friday night,,,for the rest of the week not to be hasseld....

thank you for answering the question honestly....we all know how the system works....that is the only reason i get such an attitude when i hear cops preach about safety & obeying laws...is because they get thier perks on tickets useing the car ..free coffe free lunch & so on...which are all against the laws or policys of the police department.....

Old 04-25-2007, 01:21 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

ORIGINAL: geargrinder

I believe that if everyone would obey the law and we would no longer need the high cost oftraffic enforcement, the cost savings to the tax payer would be greater then the revenues generated from fines from today's law breakers.
What a hunk of bull$hit! That's all I have to say![>:]
How is it BS? If everybody obeyed all the traffic laws, there would be no need for traffic enforcement, and agencies that are very heavy into traffic stops could cut their man power a bit. OF course, that would require those folks involved in OTHER crimes to stop their criminal activity too.........AINT GONNA HAPPEN
How is it BS?? They WANT you to speed and break the law so they can make money. That is why there are fines in the first place. If everybody followed the law, there would be a HUGE deficit in the bloated budget!!!

Old 04-25-2007, 09:23 PM
cjackson
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once a year In Ohio the state troopers have a special on speeding tax. They call your house and ask for some kind of a donation. If you send them money, which I don't because I don't believe bribery should be legal, they send you a receipt along with an official police decal. You put the decal on the back of the car near the plate and then they will let you off easy. ( maybe ). What a bunch of bull.
Furthermore, New2Harley, I am not convinced you deserved the $126 fine. What were the conditions? If you were on a divided four laner on a clear dry day and there was only 3 other cars on the road, what the heck is the difference if you were doing 60 or 76 ?They try to make one law or sign fit all scenarios. It's a bunch of crap. Some people like and need to be told exactly how to run there life. as for me I like freedom. I think out west some states are doing it right. You can drive a little faster but be reaonable. Consider conditions and drive accordingly. If you are being reckless then you get a ticket. In Ohio if you approach half the speed of smell they give you a ticket.
If you don't think it is about the money then you have never been thru Washingtonville, Ohio. This is a one gas station town with main street being a major state route. Giving speeding tickets is a 24 hr/day business. I have heard reports on a slow day they will write you up for 2 MPH over. They are the only city in Ohio with profit sharing. I tell you it's a bunch of crap....CJ