General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 03:58 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default T

S

Old 06-23-2007, 04:01 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The "it's only money" post...

I have always felt that way. Gonna make sure I have every penny spent when I am buried. I live life day by day. Spent most of my hard earned cash on travel.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:04 PM
theoldguy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's only money... I'll make more tomorrow.
I work hard, and I'm sure as hell gonna do my best to enjoy myself for as long as I'm around. Altho I don't go nuts and spend what I can't afford But if it comes down to spending for something I reallywant (but don't need)or helping out a family member, its the family member that gets what they need. Sometimes I wish I was more selfish, but I guess thats just not in my nature

Old 06-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

ORIGINAL: anubisss

So i was reading another post and I came to a great conclusion. Sometimes I put more emphasis or importance on things than I should. I realize that money is only that and I cannot take it with me when I am dead. Who knows if I will be alive tomorrow or not. I might as well enjoy myself. Who else feels this way, and why?
That's a good thing,as long as it's about really knowing what you want,getting it and staying happy with it.

It's when people aren't at peace with themselves and try to buy themselves happiness by spending more money and surrounding themselves with "more stuff" that life becomes messy and complicated.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:09 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,,,I guess ya have to have it....to spend it.....there's never any leftover after the bills,,,,so its not a problem for me....

Old 06-23-2007, 04:09 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I

Old 06-23-2007, 04:19 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

Spoken like a bunch of poor people... no offense.

If money cannot buy happiness? Try frowning on a jet ski. Or maybeyour Fatboy or SG?
How about going through a welfare Christmas? I have. Ramen noodles are a great Christmas dinner.

Money can buy happiness folks... it just won't relieve you of your internal "Baggage" or whatever is making you unhappy.
That stuff stays with you until you deal with it. But Money can put a smile on your face every now and then...

lp

Old 06-23-2007, 04:31 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

The simple fact of the matter is that we live in a society whereby having money is a necessity. The more you have, the more options you have at your disposal. While I do agree that acquiring the trappings of wealth doesn't necessarily make one happier. I also feel that having substantial financial means relieves one of the burdens and stresses sooften times associated with not having enough bank.

I don't know of any one individual who could not benefit from having more money in the bank, zero mortgage, no indebtedness, and so on and so forth. Unfortunately, there are so many here on the forums who would actually trash talk those who have worked so hard to accomplish (and sustain) these very things in life. I make no apologies to anyone for the goals I have set and accomplished in my life;either academic, professionalor personal. At 43, I'm able to pretty much do as I please; in the financial sense. Such a luxury (as I'm sure many on here would agree) did not come easy. A little bit of luck coupled with a helluva' lot of hard work made such plausible.

Do I spend like there's no tomorrow? Not even close. But in comparison, I probably spend like a lot of people's tomorrow's in many instances. And that ain't nothing to shake a stick at.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Jackalope
Intermediate

Spoken like a bunch of poor people... no offense.

If money cannot buy happiness? Try frowning on a jet ski. Or maybeyour Fatboy or SG?
How about going through a welfare Christmas? I have. Ramen noodles are a great Christmas dinner.

Money can buy happiness folks... it just won't relieve you of your internal "Baggage" or whatever is making you unhappy.
That stuff stays with you until you deal with it. But Money can put a smile on your face every now and then...
I agree. Money may not be able to buy happiness, but it'll damn sure get you a lot closer to it. And I also agree that you can't take it with you...but you need to make sure you've got enough to get there without an ALPO diet.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:41 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I sure as hell wouldn't mind having more money. But it is not what makes me happy. But lack of money can sure stress you out and make you miserable. I don't want to be rich.....I work with rich people and they have problems I never ever want to have. But like I said....haveing a bit more than I do now....and having some savings for a rainy day sure would be nice. We're working on it. May take some time to get there but we are trying.

Quick Reply: T