General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inner primary

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 08:29 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
Excellent advice to follow. 👍
Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
OP, if you can you tell me your first car, what high school you graduated from, the name of your first pet, what city you met your wife, the name of your best friend and your favorite sports team, I'll tell you what caused the hole in your inner primary.
It must be the new trend. Here's one better... See my post.. #8

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1289124-oil-spec.html

Old 06-22-2019, 09:35 PM
ScottinAZ
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 14,274 Likes on 5,557 Posts

back to the problem at hand, whatever it was (appears to be a bolt) was rubbing for a while. You can see where the threads on the bolt were. My guess, and thats all it is, is that a bolt was trapped between the primary and the frame, and vibration took its course. once enough clearance was made, it most likely fell out. This may well have happened long before you got the bike.

The following users liked this post:
s-glide76 (06-23-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 09:51 PM
ketron bailey
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
Carl,

I would send you a private message (PM) but you don't have enough posts. Let me give you a heads up. This is a public forum on the internet. Everyone on the planet has access to it. You used your name for your account and gave your city and state in your location.

In 0.40 seconds I had your name, telephone number (423) 7... and your address 187 S... Lane. Every thief on the planet knows where to look for a Harley. Albeit one with a hole in the inner primary. C'mon. Think.

If it was me, I would change my account name. Ketron isn't exactly the most common name in the US. To change it, you must contact an administrator but you need 5 posts to do that. Easier would be to start a new thread in the Forum Issues subforum with the title "I need to change my user name". Don't get complacent at 55 years old.
Thanks for advice

Old 06-23-2019, 08:12 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

As far as knowing where to find a Harley, there is enough guys with hd stickers on their Toyotas to keep busy.

I am sure can be welded, and out of sight. Tough chrome would look nice too.

While I wouldn't use my name, I don't think it is as useful as some think. Not like it is secret. Cracks me up when guys black out plates on pics. Most people can't look up, plus it does go in public.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:22 AM
ketron bailey
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottinAZ
back to the problem at hand, whatever it was (appears to be a bolt) was rubbing for a while. You can see where the threads on the bolt were. My guess, and thats all it is, is that a bolt was trapped between the primary and the frame, and vibration took its course. once enough clearance was made, it most likely fell out. This may well have happened long before you got the bike.
I got it new so it’s happened just a bit ago

Old 06-23-2019, 11:45 AM
Zerk
Banned

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think there is a bolt on the frame that could cone loose and hit the that, given where it is at. But I am not looking at it.

You are going 70, chunk of metal boys off something going 170 other way, depending angle you got 70 +70 relative velocity. I would think crack, but just wild guess. Something did it.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:29 PM
erd04056
Cruiser

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think there is a bolt on the frame that could cone loose and hit the that, given where it is at. But I am not looking at it.

You are going 70, chunk of metal boys off something going 170 other way, depending angle you got 70 +70 relative velocity. I would think crack, but just wild guess. Something did it.

Just install the inner primary you got off of ebay and soldier on....Personally, Id have just welded it up and went on about my day...without having posted my trials and tribulations on a social forum. But, that's me.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:33 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,541 Likes on 3,793 Posts

Is the end of some funky aftermarket stand rubbing it?

Old 06-23-2019, 01:34 PM
Zerk
Banned

Originally Posted by erd04056
.without having posted my trials and tribulations on a social forum. But, that's me.
I dunno it's a forum, we talkabout weird stuff. Never seen anything like that.

beanoboy (06-23-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 04:57 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,663 Likes on 936 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
I dunno it's a forum, we talkabout weird stuff. Never seen anything like that.
Me either. Glad you posted it.

beanoboy (06-23-2019)

Quick Reply: Inner primary