General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gremlin Bell Question .....

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 06:09 PM
mctraveler
Road Master
Received 321 Likes on 250 Posts

According to protocol, the bells belong to you, not the bike. The bell is probably not cursed,it can only do so much. If it brings comfort to you, keep it next to something he had that you'll keep, for rememberence sake. My sympathies and condolances at this time of loss and sadness.

The following users liked this post:
Missylynnk (11-13-2016)
Old 11-13-2016, 06:13 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Keep installing them. I have never gotten past three though.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:48 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

I have no opinion about the bell.

I am so sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

RIP Jeff.

Missylynnk (11-13-2016)
Old 11-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Missylynnk
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, MikeBel, Bone Doc and mctraveler. I have researched it but I can't find the right answer. I even email gremlinbells.com to ask their advice but I have not received an answer yet.

Last edited by Missylynnk; 11-13-2016 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Added other thanks.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:36 AM
LoneWoolf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts

Missy, the best thing to do with the Bell is whatever gives you the greatest comfort. It is not a decision you have to make quickly, and it is not a decision that you cannot change down the road. The Bell gave your husband comfort and enjoyment while he was on this side, and now it is yours for the same positive purposes. The Bell is yours as long as it is a positive aspect of your life. If it is not a positive reminder, leave it at a location that was a favorite for both of you, and the person that finds it can enjoy it's positive energy. Whatever you do with it, there is no down side, so long as it is right for you.

Missylynnk (11-14-2016)
Old 11-14-2016, 07:58 AM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,961 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Originally Posted by jeb_cfl
Just received our 2nd set of Gremlin Bells for our Harley's. What do "you" do with bells you recieve after you have already installed 1?

I don't want to keep adding bells but I don't want to offend anyone either.
I have a couple extras that were givin to me hanging over my workbench in the garage. I occasionally lose one on my bikes so I have the extras for back up.

Originally Posted by Missylynnk
I lost my husband, my rock, my best friend on Oct. 9th 2016 to injuries received from a motorcycle wreck on Oct. 6th 2016 in Gulfport, MS. Every year, we always ride our motorcycles down with the Governor of Mississippi for the ride for the Wounded Warriors and then stay for the week following for Cruising the Coast. My husband rode a 2013 Herirage Softail Classic and I ride an '06 Heritage Softail Classic. I removed my husband's gremlin bell that I gave him when we bought our bikes after the wreck. My question is what do I do with the bell now? I had thought about keeping it but I'd really like to know what the proper protocol is for gremlin bells that are involved in a fatal crash. I read a suggestion on another site that said to burn and melt the bell until it is completely destroyed and then bury it. If I do that, should I bury it in the dirt at my husband's grave or at my house? Or do I keep it? Is it cursed since the wreck was fatal? Does it have bad spirits in it? My husband was so very proud of his bike and was so very happy when he was riding. He has left a huge void and the pain is unbearable. I would appreciate any answers or advice y'all can give me. Thank you. Rest In Peace, my dear, sweet Jeff Parker.
Very sorry for your loss.
There is no protocol that I'm aware of for the old bell. After my wife had a bad crash a few years ago on her bike when a car pulled out in front of her, I took the bell from her bike and hung it up above the garage door. It serves as a reminder for me to keep an eye out as I pull out of the garage.

Missylynnk (11-14-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 11:17 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 814 Likes on 800 Posts

thinking if one is good,, Two has to be Gooder....

Old 06-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Jasmine2016
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put them on your other Harley

Old 08-01-2017, 07:21 AM
Darkride
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jeb_cfl
Just received our 2nd set of Gremlin Bells for our Harley's. What do "you" do with bells you recieve after you have already installed 1?

I don't want to keep adding bells but I don't want to offend anyone either.
nipple rings for the ole lady.

Old 11-11-2020, 10:54 PM
mfd#1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gremlin bell issue

my wife left me a couple of years ago and took the bell off my bike and i just noticed it because she left the ring.. she made a post i saw somewhere else she took the bell because she bought it... now im pissed off.

Quick Reply: Gremlin Bell Question .....