General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From the Touring page

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 02:53 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default From the Touring page

There is a thread (started by NCCopBikeRider) over on the Touring page entitled, “Refused Service at Wendy's Drive Up.” It runs 7 pages. The original post reads:

"Beautiful day in the Carolinas. Rode bike to work then on to Wendy's at Lunch Time.

Pulled up to order and no one would respond over the outside. HAd removed helmet and shut off bike to be able to hear the Clerks responsed, which never came.

Road up to pay window, set for about three (3) minutes and no one came to the window.

Pulled up to the Take Out Window, clerk says: "We don't serve motorcycles at the Drive Up Window. If you want something you have to come inside"

Asked why, was told, same line of BS. By this time, cars were starting to line up behind bike. Asked for Manager, was told to come inside to talk with Manager. Asked for Manager again. Told to wait until he was ready to see me. By this time again, cars are honking their horns.

Manager finally came to window, about five (5) minutes had elasped by this time.

Real smart $$$.

Basically said that they did not serve "Walk Up Customers at the Drive Up Window."

Has this happend to you?

Thanks"

I thought I would bring it over here just to point out that the late Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy’s, was a rider. Indeed, he appears in the video of that biker song with the choirs that starts with, “If you don’t ride, then you don’t know.” I think he is riding a dresser.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:50 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 314 Likes on 181 Posts
Default RE: From the Touring page

This has me wondering how many sequels or spin-offs that post generated?

Also I'm getting a little embarassed at frequenting the Touring page.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:52 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: From the Touring page

Well we're not going to spin a bunch here either,, we have a new section called the motorcycle activist,, which is just the correct place for this topic and where the original post has been moved.