General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet communications

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 06:58 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the Scala G4 Personaly also have the older Q2 which I used prior to the G4 the Q2 is now on the kids helemt for when they ride with me. I am running VH Truedual with Monster ovals and have no volume problems with Cell phone or bike to bike. The Nice thing about the G4 over the Q2 is that thier are Firm ware updataable so that Cardo can add features and fixes to the units. They have already release one firmware update.

Check them out if you are interested they are in stock ready to ship at a really great price. 10% off with fourm discount coupon HF10 and free shipping.

http://www.techncycle.com/products/C...-PowerSet.html

Old 07-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Jabo
Cruiser

My wife and I ride 2 up and have used Scala for several years. They sure work well for us. In fact, we just bought a new set this spring and the new set had the jack for the ipod which works for us as we each have our own ipod and when you start talking the music is muted, which is nice.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:55 AM
rolexcomex
Novice

I recently got the scala Q2. Installed it in five minutes at the store after charging for half hour.. In our 1.5hr trip back we were both surprised how well it worked.. I even used my iphone using the bluetooth without any problems.

Its by far one of the best upgrades that I have done for my bike. It makes roadtrips infinitely more enjoyable.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:57 PM
KW-HD Rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have also been looking at the powerset but haven't looked that close yet. One question for those of you who have them; are they easy to remove from the helmet when you ride alone? Does the exterior portion remove leaving only the ear phones velcro'd inside the helmet?

We currently use the headsets that came with our Ultra but when I ride alone I like to remove the mike from in front of my face, but it is a pain to remove even though it only takes a few minutes on my 3/4.

I sometimes use an old helmet I have just to avoid the mike.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Eagle101
Novice

I'm using the Blue Ant F4 Interphone.

http://www.myblueant.com/products/he...e/f4/index.php

It pairs painlessly with my phone and my Zumo gps and the unit snaps right off the helmet and goes in my pocket when I park.

It's about the best thing that eve happened to riding 2up wih the Mrs.

I use it with a half helmet and the HD Communications pouch. I'll pick up another mic and mount for my F/F helmet down the road.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:54 PM
StreetBobTeacher
Advanced

Do they make a stereo version of the Scala? Do you have to have stereo to use it with an ipod? Thought maybe you could still use it, just wouldn't have stereo sound?

Old 06-22-2011, 10:14 PM
motorcyclecommunications
Former Sponsor

There is a unit that is almost identical to the Q2 and is stereo. Check this out.

http://www.motorcycle-communications...eadset-V2.html

Old 07-24-2011, 02:29 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just recently purchased the Scala Q2 for a long trip this week. Mounted on our half helmets. Used it for about 10 minutes and had to shut it off. Impossible to hear at highway speed and just seemed to amplify the exhaust sound through the headset. My exhaust is loud (4.5inch jackpot pipes from fuel moto). Judging from all the positive feedback about this set I wonder if part of it is 'operator error'...set me straight somebody!!! Volume turned up max and putting speaker as close to ear as possible.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:20 PM
kickstart pan
Road Master
Smile

you need a Full face helmet and face shield at least.
Also I use earphones/earbuds to replace the velcro speakers, works fine
I just need to play rockNroll to keeep from falling asleep

Originally Posted by SharkBite
Just recently purchased the Scala Q2 for a long trip this week. Mounted on our half helmets. Used it for about 10 minutes and had to shut it off. Impossible to hear at highway speed and just seemed to amplify the exhaust sound through the headset. My exhaust is loud (4.5inch jackpot pipes from fuel moto). Judging from all the positive feedback about this set I wonder if part of it is 'operator error'...set me straight somebody!!! Volume turned up max and putting speaker as close to ear as possible.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:15 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetBobTeacher
Do they make a stereo version of the Scala? Do you have to have stereo to use it with an ipod? Thought maybe you could still use it, just wouldn't have stereo sound?
Not sure about all of the models, but the Scala G4 is stereo. I pair mine to my smartphone and stream music to the helmet via BT. It works great.

Quick Reply: Helmet communications