General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it just me or are all the black out bikes....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Jim Kraft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 113 Likes on 40 Posts

I seem to like both the blacked out bikes, and the chromed up ones. Mine has lots of shiney black and lots of chrome. I like it a lot. I saw a hard tail bobber the other day that was mostly black, with some red trim and white walls on red rims. It really stood out to me.

Attached Thumbnails Is it just me or are all the black out bikes....-hd-softail-custom.jpg  
Old 08-16-2010, 11:12 PM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by twisty571
getting played out and boring? I forgot who had it in his sig when I 1st joined and I thought it was a joke but now I am starting to think it's true? Black is the new chrome?
Everywhere I look everyone is trying to blacken out their bike as much as they can. Hell I love black bikes as much as the next guy,my bike was black when I bought it and for the 1st year. Now Harley themselves are trying to black everything out? Noone likes color anymore?
Before....

after....

I was even considering going back to black this year but then all the 2010's came out with more blackouts. Hell at the bike ralleys I usually glance at them and move on to something that pops....I also ride my buds Nightrain when he has to go out of town and drops it off & I am trying to talk him into some color on it to set it off. Is it just me????
I like bikes with color but I refuse to pay Harley for a bike with color. It's ridiculous to have to pay extra for color when you buy a new bike and then when you sell or trade it, color is not even part of the evaluation for pricing. For my money, I'll buy black everythime,

Old 08-17-2010, 02:18 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aye man to each there own i like blacked out bikes id never own one just looks cool imo