General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saggy Bags for Heritage Softail

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 10:18 AM
xstortionist
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha! Seriously who needs a cup holder when riding?

Old 12-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Lockman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xstortionist
This looks like self promotion to me and shouldn't be tolerated here at the HD Forums. Sir, This makes your business look bad.

I just went to both of the web site and I see no difference between your kits besides Got Saggy Bags has a flat lid and Leather Lid Inserts has a curved lid. The things that go in the actual saddlebag looks exactly the same for both kits. I doubt that a company would sit there and cut their products out with a knife...doesn't make much sense to do that.

I see these posts at least once a month promoting Got Saggy Bags and I'm sick and tired of it. Why can't you guys be like any other business and pay for your advertising? I tell you one thing...I'll never suggest your product to anyone.

Someone should ban the IP associated with the user so they can't come back and keep promoting their worthless business.
Let's break this one down:

Posters first post.

"Just picked up a Got Saggy Bags restoration kit at my local dealer. I installed it, what a difference."
Personal testimonial with product name, and where the product can be purchased. Also, can be self installed.

"My bags were really in bad shape and the kit brought them back to a perfect shape. Well worth the money."
Promo plug, exceptional value!

" My buddy bought a kit from Leather Lid Inserts. The parts looked like somebody cut em out with a knife. Wasted bucks! and The kit didn't work." Third party testimonial and competitor assassination.

"Now he's getting the Got Saggy Bags kit. Check them out at www.gotsaggybags.com."
Closes the deal with a link.

Nice try, but amusing! Thanks!

Old 12-14-2010, 01:38 PM
2002flstc
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Well I would recommend the inserts from Boss Bags which are not a do it yourself kit. Look them up in Sturgis....

Old 12-14-2010, 02:11 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,222 Likes on 2,468 Posts

Originally Posted by xstortionist
haha! Seriously who needs a cup holder when riding?
hahahhahahaaha, yeah, who would use one of those? oh, wait, i got one shhhhhhh, don't say anything, maybe no one will notice.

wtf is wrong with a cup holder? i like to keep a cup of ice water on my bike, personally, not a big fan of dehydration....

Originally Posted by 2002flstc
Well I would recommend the inserts from Boss Bags which are not a do it yourself kit. Look them up in Sturgis....
while i don't have leather bags, my buddy does. he is going to be sending his bags in after the first of the year to have this done to his. a little pricey, but worth it to keep your bags looking good for years to come.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:55 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 817 Likes on 803 Posts

I've looked at the saggy bags kit and their results for 3yrs, really don't like the way the look after installed, almost too stiff looking IMO.

I got a set of Papa bags brackets last summer, they support and square the top of the lower bags which makes the lids straighen and flatten out with out while they still keep Ur bags looking like leather bags. They retain a little looseness look instead of stretched out tight.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't want my bag to sag. No sir-ee...

Old 12-14-2010, 04:04 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratster
I wouldn't want my bag to sag. No sir-ee...

I damn sure wouldn't be bragging about my saggy bag much less put up a link for people to check em out. I've also heard that they dip into water and cause shrinkage.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:42 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,242 Likes on 1,492 Posts

When I got my 49 EL barn project they came with a set of mid-50s leather bags. Inside were thin cad-plated round steel supports that were made to the shape of the bags. Probably the one thing that saved them from destruction after sitting for so long.

Seems like something along these lines could be made by the right person rather than spending the big bucks on a pretty much general type/size and looks at least to me to take up useable space in the bags.

And Skrtach...not knocking cup holders, just the fact that for the price the "extra deluxe" version should be part of the normal price offered.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:07 AM
xstortionist
6th Gear

I don't have a problem with the cup holder. I'm just not a fan of having one on my bike, but I haven't had the time to do a long ride in a while. I'm sure if I was going across country it would be a necessity.

Back to the topic of the shameless self promoter & the way he tries to kill his competitors good name. I'm still concerned that these guys go around to forums and post about how their product is good and how his competitors product sucks. After viewing both web site it's pretty clear that his competitor has the better product. Hell his competitors web site is much more professional then his crappy got saggy bags web site. The look of his web site alone would make me not want to buy from him.

Oh well what can we do? These guys don't want to pay for advertising like all of our other forum sponsors.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Bob White
1st Gear

Just read a post by XSTORTIONIST. WOW! Sounds like someone is really pissed off that I don't like the leather lid inserts crappy product. This is an open forum, and it sounds suspicious that XSTORTIONIST is so upset over my post. Maybe XSTORTIONIST (dictionary definition - Get what you want by threats) works for the leather lids dude? Bottom line, my bags with SAGGY BAGS installed look better than my buddies! Some people can't handle the truth. I will keep promoting SAGGY BAGS and any other products I believe in to all my friends and fellow riders.

XTORSIONIST! I don't get paid to promote SAGGY BAGS. Their product is better!

Quick Reply: Saggy Bags for Heritage Softail