General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey, WA riders: is it legal......?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 03:37 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by skydrifter
They Ferry line thing is a big plus especially in the summer. In a car on weekends you can wait 3 or 4 hours, on a bike you go to the head of the line 1st on 1st off the ferry. My sister and my Folks live on Whidbey Island so I always take my bike when I go to see them.
A great ride is take the Mukilteo ferry to Whidbey Island then half way up the island take the Keystone ferry to historical Port Townsend great place for lunch then down to Kingston and take the ferry back to Edmonds. It's a great day trip only possible because you are on a bike and can go to the head of the line. Here is a link to a map [snip]
Now *THAT* looks like a great ride.

I have to go back to Montana for about a week to tie things off, and then I'll do that once I get back.

20,000 bikes at the Oyster Run?! Really?!?!?! I didn't think there was room in Anacortes for that many bikes. Can't wait!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:55 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by faber
Now *THAT* looks like a great ride.
20,000 bikes at the Oyster Run?! Really?!?!?! I didn't think there was room in Anacortes for that many bikes. Can't wait!
There's not.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:37 AM
DeD Fred
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ferry is for RUBs

Ride the horn, glide galloping Girdie.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:06 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DeD Fred
The ferry is for RUBs

$5-6 bucks per ferry? That's less than the cost of gas if you ride around! (where possible)

for RUBs....

(Why is gas in WA so expensive?!?!? dang!)

Old 01-11-2011, 11:28 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by fiend138
Similar story but just the other side of Washington in Oregon on I5 north bound. Hot as hell day stop and go traffic even in the HOV but its was better there then in the regular lanes. Anyway I am creeping along and some dude on an ultra is going no ware in the middle lane. I waved him over and said its cool to go in the HOV and he moved in behind me. The HOV lane stated moving and I pointed out all three or so signs saying "Motorcycles OK". Anyway just before Washington there were a couple of LEO's like usual patrolling the HOV lane. So the dude on the Ultra sees them and bails like he is doing something wrong. So I guess I tryied to earn my boyscout badge that day but what ever. Long story short Oregon HOV are good to go as well.
nice looking bike do you live in the fishers landing area i saw a bike like yours by my friend who lives over there, wheels look similar

Old 01-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Qdraw
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DeD Fred
The ferry is for RUBs

The Bridge toll sucks ***, and besides you cant stop on the bridge for a cold one before you hit the passes.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:38 PM
fiend138
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
nice looking bike do you live in the fishers landing area i saw a bike like yours by my friend who lives over there, wheels look similar
Yep thats me

Old 01-12-2011, 04:38 PM
DeD Fred
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Qdraw
The Bridge toll sucks ***, and besides you cant stop on the bridge for a cold one before you hit the passes.
The toll is only going east. So ride one way, and beer up back to seatown. Best of both worlds.

Im down south on Oly, so I dont ever have to mess with any of that crap. Aint nuttin up north I need to go to.

Originally Posted by faber
$5-6 bucks per ferry? That's less than the cost of gas if you ride around! (where possible) for RUBs....

(Why is gas in WA so expensive?!?!? dang!)
If you dont mind waiting in line, and getting searched by the TSA (yup they started that this year).

Gas costs because the bimbo in the capitol spent more than we gave her. So she started the ethanol BS, and upped the tax. So now we use more, and she gets more taxes to spend on stuff we dont want.

Last edited by DeD Fred; 01-12-2011 at 04:42 PM.