General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LLoud obnoxious bikes

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 02:07 PM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

I made lollipop baffles for my long shots to quiet the nasty back rattle they made. I wouldn't have taken the baffles out myself but they were out when I bought the bike. I don't wind it up going through my neighborhood, don't really wind it out anywhere except getting on the freeway. Sitting at a light I don't constantly rev it either but dont see the point of being quiet just so the cell talkers can hear their conversation. Not making any apologies for what I have. Personally I love the sound of Harleys baffled or otherwise.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:12 PM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
i am one of the ******** but i am a nice one when i am next to a person at a stop light i will actually turn off bike until green light i would hate being next to my bike with window rolled down, but thats the way its going to stay
your bike cant possibly be that loud while idling....

mines loud, but im not going to shut it off so the car next to me can hear. They do have a automatic window button.

I hate how ppl hate on crotch rockets. They are all loud rockets and harleys alike.....hell, i hear stupid little two stroke scooters ripping around boston, those damn things are loud. Anything louder than a stock 4 wheel'd vehicle will make car/truck people angry and annoyed. Its life people, you need to deal.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:14 PM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckw2
Personally I love the sound of Harleys baffled or otherwise.
I love them too...but in their place. I also grew up wrenching 60's musclecars, and lots of offshore racing type boats with rows of big blocks and Captains Call exhausts that you'd open up when out there and REALLY make noise.

There's a time and a place for everything..and the jerk that loves to crank their right wrist while duckwalking their bike through stop and go traffic on main street in downtown quaint areas just to "...look at me everyone...LOOK AT MEEEEEEEE" needs to be kicked sideways off their bike and have that hollow pipe shoved up their ****, or my size 13 boot crumpling the pipe so it's sounds like a crushed kazoo.

And while I'm my Jeep at a stoplight and you pull up next to me and crank the throttle....no I'm not talking on my cellphone and can't hear it, maybe I'm listening to my stereo at a normal volume and can no longer hear my music..but I'm stuck hearing your noise. And oh yeah I l love to hear metal music too..so I'm not too old (reply to prior poster in this thread)...but I'd rather keep hearing whatever is on MY radio, NOT yours as you impose your so called music on everyone in a surrounding 5 block radius.

Gotta love the small % of peeps that insist on ruining it for the rest of us.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:15 PM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate screaming kids,barking dogs,loud music,loud pipes on cars,trucks and bikes! Damn noise drives me nuts,unless I'm making it

Old 04-26-2011, 02:17 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Deep mellow tone is where it's at, IMHO.

~Joe

Old 04-26-2011, 02:17 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by olddude48
I hate screaming kids,barking dogs,loud music,loud pipes on cars,trucks and bikes! Damn noise drives me nuts,unless I'm making it
I hear ya....2 things I hate:

Crying babies
bitching women

~Joe

Old 04-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by olddude48
I'd rather hear loud bikes go by instead of the a$$wipes that let their dogs bark all night long

Old 04-26-2011, 02:20 PM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
I..and the jerk that loves to crank their right wrist while duckwalking their bike through stop and go traffic on main street in downtown quaint areas ......And while I'm my Jeep at a stoplight and you pull up next to me and crank the throttle

like I said I don't do that stuff. Idle at the lights, don't lane split so I wouldn't be sitting next to your open window except in the next lane, and generally short shift thru town. Can't speak for the rest of the Harley crowd but the folks I ride with don't do it either.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

Some chick passed me on the Intersate yesterday on a V-Star 650 with straight pipes... Holy freagin ****.....Another guy rides with us with a V-4 Magna with straight pipes....

Old 04-26-2011, 02:26 PM
SurfGuitar141
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If my loud pipes are annoying someone in a car or truck, then "I" know "they" know I'm there, and will hopefully avoid me, making me safer......

There's limits to everything in life, and there will always be those who feel the need to push those limits, my Fat Boy has Cycle Shack slip-on's, and they also have baffles in them. They are loud, but not what I consider obnoxiously loud. I do have neighbors, and I try to respect them. If I take off early in the morning I don't start the bike until I'm dressed and ready to roll, I don't let it sit and idol at all, when I come home I pull into the driveway, turn it around and shut it off right away. I also don't get on the throttle until I'm out of the residential neighborhood, I wait til I'm out on the county highway where there's few homes and mostly all business establishments.....but that's me....

Quick Reply: LLoud obnoxious bikes