General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking Etiquette at Work

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 09:07 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Push the bike over to the stripped area. LEt them get a ticket. What you are explaining really jerks me. Are there some bikers that are just too stinkin stupid to realize their stupid ways when they do stuff like that? Yes....cause that always find me too.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Alibey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where I work there are few spaces for motorcycles and sometimes a cager decides to park in them. As far as parking in the car spot, I try to park so there is space for another rider. At least here, we are allowed to park on the striped areas.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:37 PM
bear68
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two more things added to the long list of extinction in the country: Common Sense and Common Decency. The wife and I went to the local stealership a couple of years ago for a chili cookoff. I purposefully parked in the smallest area of the spot I could use all the way to one side and all the way back, thinking that there would be a lot of bikes looking for parking. When we were leaving a few hours later, a group had parked in front of me with their handlebars almost touching and only a foot or so from my front wheel.

I had a hell of a time waddling forwards and backwards to work my way to a tiny gap and had to lean way over sideways to squeeze through. I was seriously tempted to knock the entire line of bikes over even though they all had stickers from the local chapter of the Enforcers MC. Damn... you would thin a Club consisting mostly of LEOs, firefighters, and Military personnel would have at least a LITLE courtesy.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:49 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,549 Likes on 4,760 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Toad
Leave a "post it" note on the offending bike. Something about parking in an occupied spot could result in damage to their bike, nothing too harsh at first, more of a "friendly warning".
I like this,,,,I had to "move" his mirror so I couild get out.
Don't forget.I'm talking about spaces striped for motorcyle parking, not a space for a vehicle

Old 08-01-2011, 02:33 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Moops
Everyone in the military knows that parking on any military base sucks as it is and you can forget about designated motorcycle parking. Most of us where I'm stationed that ride on a regular basis will park our bikes so you can get at least 2 bikes in one space.
Parking here is horrible. We have enough motorcycle specific spots, but if everything is full the assclowns in cars park over them. Usually when that happens we put a bike as close to each end of it as possible so they can't get out. I've approched people that pull up and cover them with a car. They always say, "I didn't know it was for motorcycles". Which is complete B.S.

As to the OP, I don't know...we park more than the alotted amount of bikes in the spots when needed. Of course we all know each other and are cool with it.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:31 AM
obonaven
Road Master

Originally Posted by Alibey
Where I work there are few spaces for motorcycles and sometimes a cager decides to park in them. As far as parking in the car spot, I try to park so there is space for another rider. At least here, we are allowed to park on the striped areas.
That's our biggest problem here too. If someone comes in a their are no close parking spots they pull right in. Lazy *** people! Sometimes I come in so early the parking lot is basically empty but some *** parks his car in one of the motorcycle only parking spot when there are empty spots as far as the eye can see.

We also have people complain that motorcycles don't deserve our own special parking. Oh well! DEAL! I tell them I don't make the rules, I only follow them. We have limited parking so the company took a few regular parking spots, drew lines down the middle, and now 4 bikes can park in a regular spot, instead of using 4 spots.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SeniorChief56
I like this,,,,I had to "move" his mirror so I couild get out.
Don't forget.I'm talking about spaces striped for motorcyle parking, not a space for a vehicle
It does work. I used it at work once. Sport bike parked between my work van and a pickup, PARALLELL PARKED mind you. Good thing for him I had to put a few things in the side door and saw the bike in between. I couldn't see it in the mirrors. Got the van out without crushing the bike and put the postit note on it. He never did it again.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:25 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I will never pack in the same spot with a bike unless I am with the other rider. I would never dream of parking in some's spot that I did not know.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:44 PM
KING'S RIDE
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

there has got to be a way for you to park your bike that will leave you ample space to get out. a little crooked on the end, or at the back of the spot so you have plenty of room to get out. They teach us to ride defensively, why not park defensively too.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:01 PM
obonaven
Road Master

Originally Posted by KING'S RIDE
why not park defensively too.
I do this everyday when I ride my bike as well as driving my Excursion. I always try to park out in no man's land and in an end spot, hugging the curb. Of course there is always some jack *** who parks next to me and takes up my cushion space.

Last edited by obonaven; 08-01-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Parking Etiquette at Work