General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Risk Reward

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 03:42 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgzr
Isaiah 40:31 - "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

"Eagles" + "Mount up" = God wants you to ride.

LOL... that's quite a stretch.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Mr HOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are things you can do to lessen the risks. First, take an experienced riders course if you haven't already. Second, always wear helmet and protective gear. Lastly, make sure you have enough insurance to take care of your family in case something happens to you. Like others have said, life is full of risks. But there are steps you can take to lessen the risks and give you piece of mind.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:07 PM
zworld
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeez man grow a pair. I find it kind of hard to beleive you would post something like that. Some things you keep to yourself. Just saying, not a very manly conversation. Z

Old 10-17-2011, 07:36 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kids need their moms a lot, they need you more than likely to pay the bills, take out a 500 K or a million dollar life insurance policy, if you're a non-smoker and healthy it won't cost that much. This way if you get clipped, the house, college etc... are taken care of. Your wife can get a new young boyfriend and she won't miss you one bit.

Peace of mind comes with a monthly payment for life insurance, now that I have that I ride guilt free.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:43 PM
BuckeyeMan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Life insurance. Before I started I made sure I had enough for my kids. All kids are out of college except one who is a senior and he just decided he is going in pre-med to be a surgeon. Proud dad here and if I get clipped tomorrow I know he will be taken care of. That is all you can hope for as a parent.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Druid
Tourer

I know a guy who loves HD and riding, but when he had a baby his wife talked him into selling it and giving up riding for about 18 years. Now he has a bike again and doesn't seem to regret the time-off of riding. If I had a baby on the way, I wouldn't sell my bike but I would ride less, and when I did ride I would be extra careful Life insurance is a must for a responsible father IMO.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:19 PM
moonsfmc
Cruiser

Probably not the right thing but i always make sure i have enough life insurance to make life easier for them if i am not around atleast they know dad cared enough to think ahead. probably dont make it any easier but food for thought i know with my kids a new car and there like dad who....lol

Old 10-18-2011, 07:05 AM
LilRaRa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zworld
Jeez man grow a pair. I find it kind of hard to beleive you would post something like that. Some things you keep to yourself. Just saying, not a very manly conversation. Z
Nice addition to the topic guy. Well thought out and beneficial to the conversation... "grow a pair"... just get on the bike an don't worry about your kids, right... leave em a little bit of $ and they'll forget about it right?

My first is not a mamas boy. At least right now, at this moment, if he lost me, he'd be crushed. He is CONSTANTLY walking in my footsteps and waiting for some attention from me.

Takes a bigger pair to consider others before himself... Grow a heart

Old 10-18-2011, 08:17 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LilRaRa
Nice addition to the topic guy. Well thought out and beneficial to the conversation... "grow a pair"... just get on the bike an don't worry about your kids, right... leave em a little bit of $ and they'll forget about it right?

My first is not a mamas boy. At least right now, at this moment, if he lost me, he'd be crushed. He is CONSTANTLY walking in my footsteps and waiting for some attention from me.

Takes a bigger pair to consider others before himself... Grow a heart
Honestly what exactly are you looking for? If you're scared to ride then hang it up. I said get a lot of life insurance because it should help with the guilt, if it doesn't for you then stop riding. Either way there's nothing anyone is going to say on a message board that is going to give you a warm and fuzzy.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:26 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Those "voices" are there for a reason...don't discount them...

Quick Reply: Risk Reward