General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 08:38 PM
jmcd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long?

For the ones that have had Stents put in , how long before you started riding again? all i was told is do not pick up more than 10 pounds for 10 days ,, i do feel strong and getting stronger every day , and am foaming at the mouth to get on the bike. thanks

Old 07-13-2012, 10:07 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I would ask the cardiologist for advice if it was me.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:18 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,491 Likes on 2,483 Posts

Had 3 stents installed, felt so good I mowed the lawn & rode the next day. Dr. said do NOT ride a motorcycle 'cause I was on Plavix & Coumadin, and if I had the slightest accident, I could bleed to death. I told him "you might as well kill me now". And I know; mowing the lawn was stupid; I just felt indestructable

Old 07-13-2012, 11:51 PM
hatchetman
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Had 3 stents installed, felt so good I mowed the lawn & rode the next day. Dr. said do NOT ride a motorcycle 'cause I was on Plavix & Coumadin, and if I had the slightest accident, I could bleed to death. I told him "you might as well kill me now". And I know; mowing the lawn was stupid; I just felt indestructable
Same for me! Go ahead & ride. You do have to be careful with weights because your blood pressure climbs big time when you lift weights. This can move or disrupt your stent. Be careful for much longer than 10 days though, Couple months of no hard pushing, pulling etc. As for being behind bars, I is like therapy & can lower your blood pressure! I put 2 tanks through mine today before I felt well enough to come home!
Go ride!!!!!
Hatch.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

A few years ago, my brother had 4 stents put in after a fairly major heart attack....he had the procedure done on a Tuesday, the doc told him no
"strenuous activity" for awhile....bro said to him, I only got 2 questions; "when can I **** again, and when can I ride?" The doc laughed (actually a fellow rider!) and told him, "when you feel up to it, but go easy." He was on the bike that Saturday....and in bed that night! I gotta believe it's one of those "common sense" kinda things....but I agree with dickey....if I can't ride, you might as well "kill me now!"